How to add additional "mod slots" or "attach points" to a weapon?

Aye friend, add an ap keyword something like ap_whatevergun_NewMod

Make sure the TNAM - Type is set to Attach Point

Thats all you need for the keyword.

Now you need to actually create OMODs for the weapon, in the DATA section, make sure form type is set to weapon, attach point should be your new keywork.

MNAM target keyword should be the gun your trying to mod.

Next is the COBJ, CNAM should be your OMOD and INTV - Data, created object count set to 1.

If you're mod has recipe costs youll also want to add a misc mod that will show up in your inv if you take the mod off, assigned in the LNAM slot in the OMOD.

Ive got a tutorial on creating new mods here, theory is the same just create your own attach point keyword.

Thank you.

But I didn't acutally want to add additional modifications, I wanted to add an additional "Mod Slot". My problem was, I added the keyword as an access point, but the workbench didn't show the menu entry.

The solution is you have to give the keyword a "Name" to make it show up in the workbench.

I want to add additional mod slots to a weapon, but no matter what I do, it doesn't show up at the workbench. Does anyone have a clue how this works?

Same problem here. I am trying to add 3-4 new mod slots apart from receiver/barrel/grip/sight/..etc.

Mainly for parts inside the receiver, but also things like cleaning the barrel and applying machine oil. I have given keyword a name. (display name?)

I can't get the new categories to show up in the base menu, frustrated. Gonna keep at it.

Edit: Figured it out. Need to add "ma_" keyword AND the attachpoint keyword to the weapon.

Edited by mkborgelt13

• 10 months later...

I try to do the same as you all, but on a Power Armor part.

I created a Reddit on this subject but dont have any answer :'( ! ( https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutCK/comments/6ejwc4/creation_kit_how_create_a_mod_slot_for_armor_and/ ).

Like I write :

So, I took exemple on the Lining system :
* I created a Mod Association entry : MA_Blablabla
* I created an Attach Point entry : AP_Blablabla with a name : "Blablabla"
* I modified an object, for exemple the T45 helmet by adding MA_Blablabla
* I created a Mod Object : PA_T45_Helmet_Blablabla with a reference on my AP & my MA.
* I created a recipe for my mod object. An to finish, I added my AP to the FormList : do_ModMenuSlotKeywordList (because I dont know, dont ask, I do like Bethesda did xD !)
And, well, it doesnt work.
Any idea ?

I didnt add an "AP_****" to the object modified, because, well, I think I cant, no ?

Edited by nemesis6661

• 3 weeks later...