Yes what want , at least in that early stage of my CK experience is to create what you said exactly(!)...

I have copied of course the dialogue i want, i change the conditions to the one that has the *asterisk* in it so that it pointed in my own NPC but my NPC didnt worked...

I start again by revert the changes i made in the copied dialogue (the one with the *asterisk*) to the original and procceed to change the original dialogue the one without the *asterisk* ..
So when i change that... my NPC was working just fine even without the script line you said(!) BUT the other NPC the one i copy the dialogue (aka: Dravynea) didn't work at all .... (!) no dialogue , no voice, no menu in the first place...

The only thing i notice is that it pointed to different voice path. as i said in my opening thread. which looked weird since the path should remain the same since i copy everything(!) as it was...
Thus i end up noticed that the one with the Voice path ((Data\Sound\Voice\TESTMOD VAMP.FOLLOWER\FemaleDarkElf\DialogueTr_OffersTrainingT_000396E7_1.xwm)) didn't work at all which pointed to Dravynea but the dialogue with the Voice path. ((Data\Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleDarkElf\DialogueTr_OffersTrainingT_00085508_1.xwm)) was working just fine(!)

And my confusion is .....
The script line you mention will resolve just the menu or the dialogue?
Because the original issue here is that Dravynea the one that DialogueQuest is original register isnt showing the trainer menu of course but doesnt even has any voice or dialogue to say when i click on that at all!!

Edited by Johnnyb22

Sorry I forgot something important - it's been a while since i did it and I'm getting old!

By the way the DF video is wrong the only reason it worked for him is because he edited the vanilla asset which was pointing to the right dialogue - but that breaks the vanilla NPC who isn't.

There are 2 ways of doing this using vanilla assets:

1. The easiest way is the one in the wiki (which is the one I was thinking of) but you are limited to the shared dialogue (eg select "of course" from the SharedResponse drop down box)

2. The only way to get the trainer to say the actual line you are copying is to extract that line from the Skyrim - voices.bsa because as you noticed it changes the dialogue ID.

So extract the DarkElf DialogueTr_OffersTrainingT_00085508_1.fuz file and put it in a:

sound\voices\youModname.esp\FemaleDarkElf directory

then change the name of that fuz file to whatever the new dialogue ID is for your copied line.

and the code fragment I mentioned earlier gives you the option menu not the dialogue, hence all the above.

This works because I have just tried it on one of my NPCs that was previously just saying "of Course" in my mod

• 9 months later...

I had been experiencing the same issues... I followed the above (thank you) and now I can get the dialogue working, but for some reason when I go in to purchase the skill I can buy it, but it doesn't level up. The money is paid, but the level stays the same. The usual pop up and sound effect when increasing a skill does not take place. The trainer just takes the money and nothing happens. I've spent the week on this and I'm almost there. Please advise me. thanks very much.

Edited by jeyoon

Thank you for the reply. Yes, faction is set to JobTrainerFaction and JobTrainerSmithingFaction. I also made sure that the class on the stats tab is set to TrainerSmithingMaster and that the value in the topic info window is set to 90.

I went ahead and started completely over following the steps from the wiki as well as copying the voice file. However, I have the dialogue come up in game prompting the request for training (I set the response to be "Of course" but now after the NPC says of course nothing happens the training menu does not come up... not sure where I'm going wrong. Edited by jeyoon

Im not 100% sure. I did add the trainer gold to the npc and selected Gold001 as well as setting the value to 3. But beyond that I did not do anything else with scripts to my knowledge. Can you expound on adding the supposed script fragments? Thanks very much.