First I would go into preferences and at the Script tab set a prefix for your Scripts otherwise you will find it difficult to find them (TIF_02000D62 will get rather lost in all the other TIFs).

Then in the Dialogue window try removing the script before recompiling.

So this will sound pathetic, but it exemplifies the level of frustration I have at not being able to create a custom trainer. The intent of this mod was for personal use on a late game play through (might have been other mod conflicts that messed up the aforementioned posts) nevertheless I had already completed all related quests pertaining to Balimund....so I just altered him with the customizations I had made for my trainer; ai package, looks, name etc. moved him to the location that I wanted the trainer and walla I have my pathetically made trainer with a few lines of immersion breaking dialogue that really don't fit.... Then I created a new Balimund copy (somehow I know how to create a merchant despite my inability to create a trainer) and dropped him back in Riften. Reading this made me laugh out loud.

Ok, I changed preferences to put a unique three letter prefix at the start of the script name. I'm afraid this is not my strong suit ... would you mind giving me a step by step on adding the script and compiling it in the dialogue screen? I'm thinking that I am not doing it correctly. I have the modding abilities of a kindergartner.

Edited by jeyoon

As part of the original question in this thread I did this tutorial with pictures and everything.

It might be easier just to delete the Trainer line you originally copied and start again. Then you won't need to worry about a script not compiling.

Original "Dravynea" : Data\Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleDarkElf\DialogueTr_OffersTrainingT_00085508_1.xwm

COPIED "Dravynea" : Data\Sound\Voice\TESTMOD VAMP.FOLLOWER\FemaleDarkElf\DialogueTr_OffersTrainingT_000396E7_1.xwm

When you copy a dialog line you only copy the text of that line and ck only shows the path where the new sound file will be found, if there is one. But you have to copy that sound file, too and put it in the automatically new created folder. The tutorial of agerweb is right. Extract the voices.bsa and copy the soundfile you need, rename it exactly like the filename ck has created for your dialog (simply copy it out of the field in the response window) and rename your extracted file. After that you have to create a seq file, if the quest is start game enabled. Test on a new game and not on an old save.

Good luck.

Thank you all for the advice and help. Agerweb, I am impressed with your tutorial! My NPC's voice dialogue works without a hitch. Unfortunately though I'm still having the script issue with the menu not showing up. I have started over from scratch so many times that I have memorized the entire process. I have tested with an un-modded new save... the dialogue option populates and he responds correctly, but the menu doesn't show up. I'm beginning to think maybe its my creation kit, because I can go through the entire process and hit compile in the dialogue screen and get the same error message consistently. At any rate, its cool that you took the time I appreciate that.

That seems to be a path issue. Is your source folder in the scripts folder? You also need to unpack the rar-file you get with the ck, because there are the necessary scripts in. Look at this page, I'm sure it will help:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

I will encourage you to go on with your work despite all the obstacles. It seems to be normal to have issues in any way - we all have.

Never even considered using CK through MO, sounds tricky as MO creates a virtual data folder. Sounds like a recipe for path issues; but don't really know how it works. Might try sticking to running the CK directly from the data directory.