[WIP] Shezzarine - The Fate Of Tamriel

anbeegod

image.png
We are always looking for more level designers, quest implementers, and texture artists! If you like interior design, working with Creation Kit, or creating textures for various objects, send me an inbox message!
Description:
Carve your own path to survive and thrive.
Shezarrine is a DLC-scale quest mod that brings the player to a journey of fantasy and intrigues, continuing from the well-praised mod Death Consumes All from the same author.
You will travel to Alinor City and many places long forgotten by Tamriel, culminating in your confrontation against a god and His servants.
Following the death of Emperor Titus Mede II and the Thalmor's schemes in Winterhold, Tamriel's politics has fallen into disarray. As the new Emperor is coronated, infamous for his sadism and recklessness, a nefarious group named the Sunsworn begins rapidly taking over the Imperial Legion, prophesizing the inevitable rise of the Et'ada race under the reign of the "All-Father".
And at the same time, terror emerges on the other end of the continent, as the enigmatic Nihilist Cult plots to overthrow the Aldmeri government and fulfill the "given destiny" of the Altmer race, to realize a deadly prophecy that shall make the mortal races ascend at the cost of the world...
You are Shezarrine, the mortal incarnation of Lorkhan, known as a hero-god by mankind, yet the worst devil by the elves. You will be called to face the All-Father and His servants in an attempt to save yourself from His wrath, and - through the Journey and the choices you make - define the fate of yourself and Tamriel.
Features:
1. A professionally crafted dystopian metropolis - Alinor City, with its own denizens and intrigues. Find your allies and stop your enemies here
2. A fully developed, quest-reactive, charming follower named Alden, whom you can romance, befriend, or antagonize
3. Over 20 main quests with lots of choices
4. High roleplaying freedom - become the God of Liberty or the God of Mischief, or attempt to retain your mortal identity
5. Choose and develop a faction that aligns with your beliefs, or none
6. Stock market in Alinor - to Masser!
7. Epic music that gives you eargasm
8. Professional voice acting
Discord: anbeegod#9578
20220329222052_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
20220329220348_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
20171223083047_1.jpg?width=1040&height=5
20220329221711_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
20220329220157_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
20220329220259_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
20200314034752_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
20180122053117_1.jpg?width=1040&height=5
20210725231122_1.jpg?width=1083&height=6
Level designers:
Adolon
Leodoidao
Morrodes
Edited by anbeegod

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually sounds very interesting.. but ambitious, if you plan on making dragonborn meet the emperor at the imperial city.. how big a world are you making? id offer help but im busy with my own mods/unfinished projects... ill download it though when it comes out :tongue:

Also are you gonna make many custom models casue ive made a few buildings and put them in ck.. nothing animated though

Edited by Helsinki21

This actually sounds very interesting.. but ambitious, if you plan on making dragonborn meet the emperor at the imperial city.. how big a world are you making? id offer help but im busy with my own mods/unfinished projects... ill download it though when it comes out :tongue:

Also are you gonna make many custom models casue ive made a few buildings and put them in ck.. nothing animated though

Actually, I'm just going to make the interior of the White-Gold Tower and teleport the player to there. I'd sooner kill myself than making an entire city using CK. (I'm just that depressed when using CK to make places)

90% of the places I make are interior, with 5% being entrances to these interior places and the other 5% being uncertainties in the future.

I'd just use the textures of Dawnguard Castle walls to be WGT's wall textures, but I welcome any help on that. Aside from that, a particular character (the ultimate boss) would use a unique model, and the boss battleground would need some unique models as well. If you're willing to lend your assets to my mod, I'd be glad to accept the offer. Perhaps we can inbox about that?

Wow your working hard at it. Two followers and now this. Keep up the good work, looks promising! The screenshots Make me think of a home mod I was very impressed by; Crystalis.
Hope you find some help with this project to make something great out of it.

You are aware that the Dragonborn can't be a mortal aspect of Lorkhan on account of their Soul being a Shard of Aka right? they say Talos is both a Shezzarine and a Dragonborn but that's only because he is made up of 3 people and among those those 3 people are Dragonborns and Shezzarines, maybe that Onmund is the real shezzarine and someone mistakes the player due to their power as being this Shezzarine instead.

Also why make it so the player has to complete 2 different questlines to start said mod? that's what a lot of people hate about that Summerset Isle mod that they need to be Archmage, what about players who only join 1 guild as they aren't playing an Evil Dragonborn or a Dragonborn who isn't a Mage.

Edited by tx12001

You are aware that the Dragonborn can't be a mortal aspect of Lorkhan on account of their Soul being a Shard of Aka right? they say Talos is both a Shezzarine and a Dragonborn but that's only because he is made up of 3 people and among those those 3 people are Dragonborns and Shezzarines, maybe that Onmund is the real shezzarine and someone mistakes the player due to their power as being this Shezzarine instead.

Also why make it so the player has to complete 2 different questlines to start said mod? that's what a lot of people hate about that Summerset Isle mod that they need to be Archmage, what about players who only join 1 guild as they aren't playing an Evil Dragonborn or a Dragonborn who isn't a Mage.

A soul can be formed by different fragments. Pelinal Whitestrake is also rumored to have both pieces of Akatosh and Lorkhan in his soul, until this is disproved or that his case is proven to be similar to that of Talos, the player's case can make sense. And no, Onmund already has too many important roles and related content in the story, while the player is the true protagonist of the story; if he is Shezzarine, that would make the player's character pointless.

The story doesn't make sense if the emperor is not dead (which means Julius Mede cannot ascend the throne) and Ancano is not killed (which makes a big reveal of Onmund illogical). For DB's case, the player can simply destroy the DB. I need to ensure that the player has decided the fate of the DB thus the way of Titus Mede II death (killed by DB or his own son). If the player didn't interact with DB and they've completed this story (which Titus Mede II is killed by Julius already), then they go back to do the DB quest again, that would make everything... hilarious.

The story has the Thalmor heavily involved, and Ancano's action is one of the key parts of it. Remove the completion of CoW as a requirement? That can be done, at the cost of a much, much worse story.

And, as I said, this mod is intended to be the post-game story that defines the player's ultimate fate. It is only natural that the player should complete the important vanilla content that are significant to this Tamriel's fate (assassination of emperor, result of Skyrim CW). I excluded the completion of MQ only because I understand that many people do not like being Dragonborns, and this mod's story doesn't have much to do with dragons and Dragonborn power.

I am glad to say that the progress on the writing is going well. Place making is a pain in the ass, but if I make them extremely simple (like, a dungeon with only a hallway and 10 rooms at the two sides, end of hallway is a grand hall; few to no decoration in the entire dungeon), I can make one within a day.

"The story doesn't make sense if the emperor is not dead (which means Julius Mede cannot ascend the throne) and Ancano is not killed (which makes a big reveal of Onmund illogical)"

The Tribunal DLC of Morrowind doesn't make much sense either unless the Main quest is complete but the player can still do it regardless, perhaps make it like that instead where the player can start it after they complete those quests but they can also start it before ever doing them, regardless the quest's storyline would play out the same and be set after those events and would have assumed that they had already been completed, that way you wont be forcing players to play through the vanilla game for the 700th time just to play your mod, Just don't make any assumption that the player was the one who fulfilled them unless they actually did, as an example if an NPC states that Ancano is dead, if the player has done the CoW questline then the NPC can say "You killed Ancano" if the player has not started the CoW questline then the NPC can say "Someone killed Ancano"

Edited by tx12001

"The story doesn't make sense if the emperor is not dead (which means Julius Mede cannot ascend the throne) and Ancano is not killed (which makes a big reveal of Onmund illogical)"

The Tribunal DLC of Morrowind doesn't make much sense either unless the Main quest is complete but the player can still do it regardless, perhaps make it like that instead where the player can start it after they complete those quests but they can also start it before ever doing them, regardless the quest's storyline would play out the same and be set after those events and would have assumed that they had already happened, that way you wont be forcing players to play through the vanilla game for the 700th time just to test your mod out.

Trust me, that would make a very, very bad RPG experience. This isn't an MMORPG like WoW where you can kill the Lich King but still find him alive in Icecrown quests, but a single-player RPG which nothing in the story should and needs to compromise for gameplay. In fact, even WoW is going to improve on that in Legion, with the story's sequence being more logical.

I've never played Tribunal myself, so I don't know how illogical its story might be if you don't complete the quests about Dagoth Ur; but in the case of this mod, the story's logic would be entirely busted if you don't finish certain events prior to the start of this mod. Like, you'll hear "Ancano is dead, good riddance, he's always been trouble" while Ancano is still playing with the Eye of Magnus, and you're going to find the whereabouts of the Eye of Magnus while it's obvious that it's still hanging in the Hall of Elements. It'd be hilarious.

If the player has done the CoW questline then the NPC can say "You killed Ancano" if the player has not started the CoW questline then the NPC can say "Someone killed Ancano"

The problem is not "who killed Ancano", but instead, it's "is Ancano dead".