[WIP] Shezzarine - The Fate Of Tamriel

anbeegod

Spied this in the forums and it looked interesting. I'm a Voice actor with extensive work in other mods.

I do both impressions and My own take on racial voices.

I also just recently updated two impressions for two of the Daedric princes hermaeus Mora and sheogorath. I know people don't often think about using these characters due to not having access to their voices. But I feel I can do it convincingly enough. I saw you said it had lovecraftien parts to it so maybe hermaeus mora could play a role? Far be it for me to make you rewrite anything though. Just had that idea when you mentioned it.

https://youtu.be/eOzpx-sFZKQ

shet, you are good!!

Edited by scooglecops

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some players might have difficulties adapting to the lore that I added, so I created some new loading screens. Most of which are about the Thalmor and the ancient elves.

Samples:

The Aldmers are assumed to be ancestors of most modern elves. Descended from the Ehlnofey race, they used to control most of Tamriel.

The Aldmeri Dominion's government is run by two Archons, who answer directly to the High Archon, head of the entire nation.

Citizens of the Aldmeri Dominion can elect their own leaders, but the impactful elections are directly controlled by the High Archon.

"Education is not a right. It is a responsibility." - The High Archon, 4E 24

"To hell with the High Archon and her fancy ideals. Unleash the Daedra! On this day, we become Tamriel's true master!" - Lord Naarifin of Alinor, 4E 175

The ancient Aldmers once built a glamorous civilization, until a catastrophic event that nearly wiped the whole race out; after they recovered, the Aldmers separated into warring banners, and eventually different races.

I'm sure some people will hate me for making the Thalmor non-terrorist.

Edited by anbeegod

Well, from what we know the thalmor manipulated their own people, making them believe that they where responsible for ending the oblivion crisis, and silencing those who disputed those claims (going so far as to discredit and outright assasinate the guy who defended the Crystal Tower, as seen on the books in skyrim), not to mention their outright racism against humans...

Still, as it happens with most organizations, not all members are alike. Some may believe that, for example, outlawing the worshipping of talos has more to do with how "divinity" works (mostly referring to traditional beliefs) rather than just hatred and envy towards the humans, thanks tot he fact that Tiber Septim managed to unity the land under his rule while the Thalmor tried to do the same, and considering how long the Mer live, it wouldnt be strange if they still resented the humans for that. So it all depends on how you end up picturing them.

All in all, bethesda made sure to make the thalmor into an unlikable organization,,,they are like Ulfric but just bigger and meaner, and what i cant ignore is the fact they lie/manipulate their own people just to be in power (as far as we know), not to mention that they probably caused the Void Nights just so they could later say that it was them who brought back the moons (or maybe they neither caused nor repaired the event)

Well, from what we know the thalmor manipulated their own people, making them believe that they where responsible for ending the oblivion crisis, and silencing those who disputed those claims (going so far as to discredit and outright assasinate the guy who defended the Crystal Tower, as seen on the books in skyrim), not to mention their outright racism against humans...

Still, as it happens with most organizations, not all members are alike. Some may believe that, for example, outlawing the worshipping of talos has more to do with how "divinity" works (mostly referring to traditional beliefs) rather than just hatred and envy towards the humans, thanks tot he fact that Tiber Septim managed to unity the land under his rule while the Thalmor tried to do the same, and considering how long the Mer live, it wouldnt be strange if they still resented the humans for that. So it all depends on how you end up picturing them.

All in all, bethesda made sure to make the thalmor into an unlikable organization,,,they are like Ulfric but just bigger and meaner, and what i cant ignore is the fact they lie/manipulate their own people just to be in power (as far as we know), not to mention that they probably caused the Void Nights just so they could later say that it was them who brought back the moons (or maybe they neither caused nor repaired the event)

In the story, the Thalmor DID discredit Martin Septim on ending the Oblivion Crisis. I won't make them a "good" faction, but rather a grey one which is like most political factions/parties in real world.

They managed to create a "clean" government which is nowhere close to the empire on the account of corruption, led the Dominion to a magical-industrial revolution which substantially raised the nation's material QoL, provided free education to every legal citizen (imagine this in the medieval age); but they are totalitarian, self-righteous and condescending. You'll know more when you get to meet the High Archon.

What we've seen in Skyrim is only a piece of the whole truth, plus numerous sources of imperial propaganda. The Dominion in my story is not the monster that most would want to imagine, the players will learn more when they get to play this mod.

As a side note, all governments in reality manipulate and lie to their people, so that they can promote their own agendas and sustain the nation's power; such is the true face of politics. An honest government is not just a miracle, it's basically impossible.

In the story, the Thalmor DID discredit Martin Septim on ending the Oblivion Crisis. I won't make them a "good" faction, but rather a grey one which is like most political factions/parties in real world.

They managed to create a "clean" government which is nowhere close to the empire on the account of corruption, led the Dominion to a magical-industrial revolution which substantially raised the nation's material QoL, provided free education to every legal citizen (imagine this in the medieval age); but they are totalitarian, self-righteous and condescending. You'll know more when you get to meet the High Archon.

What we've seen in Skyrim is only a piece of the whole truth, plus numerous sources of imperial propaganda. The Dominion in my story is not the monster that most would want to imagine, the players will learn more when they get to play this mod.

As a side note, all governments in reality manipulate and lie to their people, so that they can promote their own agendas and sustain the nation's power; such is the true face of politics. An honest government is not just a miracle, it's basically impossible.

Yeah, but sadly most games dont try to hard to make a beliavable political scenario, its always the "good" guys vs the "bad" guys, and the government of the "good" guys always tells the truth and do whats best for its people, who only want to free the "oh poor oppresed people" who are under the rule of the "bad" guys.

And as you said, on the game we mostly see things from a member of the empire PoV, but the empire also has its flaws (not only when talking about corruption but also on some decisions they made along the way): the subjugation of Argonian territory (obviously they didnt like it, taking their territory by force and implementing them in the empire while they could hardly care any less was a big mistake), forced implementation of mutual coexistence with other races/cultures (you are part of our empire or you are our enemy, and while we see that coexistence is possible, racial tensions abound) and the biggest problem with that is, most other races dont even like the empire created by tiber septim, which is mostly run by the elder council, and the council its mostly composed of imperials/bretons with some Nords and a Dunmer chosen by the emperor (in short, a puppet).

Which is why, as a governmental body, the Thalmor seem to be far supperior and organized than the Empire, they only have to avoid making the same mistakes the empire did, like annexing other lands while doing a half-assed job at controling them, which in turns got them losing the khajeet support (who ended up supporting the thalmor), losing control of black marsh, failing to prevent the cataclysm on morrowind (their lack of control on the province was a big mistake), and overall doing just doing that, a half-assed job...well, the Oblivion crisis helped, but in the long run its inevitable, the empire will fall by the weight of its own ineptitude, after all right now they have what? Cyrodill, which after its civil war has lost most of its strenght, and High Rock? Maybe even skyrim if the civil war is won by the empire...but i dont think the redguards are willing to assist them after they withdrew their support from hammerfell (unless they keep helping them from the underground), nor is Morrowind in any shape to provide any kind of real support (it wouldnt surprise me if they even end up betraying the empire).

Anyways, dont mind me, i usually tend to get lost in these kind of conversations and could keep on talking about it for a long time, and now that i hink of it this might not be the exact place to initiate a debate about the political background of TeS xD

Some players might have difficulties adapting to the lore that I added, so I created some new loading screens. Most of which are about the Thalmor and the ancient elves.

Samples:

"To hell with the High Archon and her fancy ideals. Unleash the Daedra! On this day, we become Tamriel's true master!" - Lord Naarifin of Alinor, 4E 175

Those snippets usually come with some 3d object to stare at while the game is loading.

Wonder what it will be for our favorite lord Helmet ;)

Samples:

Those snippets usually come with some 3d object to stare at while the game is loading.

Wonder what it will be for our favorite lord Helmet :wink:

I don't use helmet for any of the current loading screens, it doesn't match the texts.

The screen with Naarifin's quote uses Boethiah's statue, because he worships Boethiah according to TES Wiki.

Edited by anbeegod

• 3 weeks later...

Erm, the Thalmor kind of want to eliminate all of mankind so that they can return to godhood. Seems pretty objectively evil to me.

That's not even canon. :wink:

Yes, it is. This sums it up well: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/1jxvd6/what_exactly_are_the_thalmors_goals_and_how_could/

Edited by kjackson344