Console problems "SetActorFullName"

Jokiros

So, I'm trying to rename my horse and I'm using the console command#:

SetActorFullName "Newnamehere"

I get the error:

Item 'Newnamehere' not found for parameter Message.

Compiled script not saved!

Anyone got any ideas as to how I'm using the command wrong? I guess I'm missing some parameter before the new name. I do have my horse selected by the way.

Thank you for your time.

Maybe the command simply doesn't exist?

The response I get from the console:

Item 'Newnamehere' not found for parameter Message.

Implies I'm using it wrong, not that it doesn't exist. If it didn't exist I would get an error message related to the command not existing. If I had my desktop booted up as opposed to my laptop I'd test it to find out what that error message is an compare for you.

Edit: The error for a command not existing is "Script command "commandhere" not found."

So no, this command exists and it's the parameters sent that are wrong.

Edited by lockyy

Apparently the argument that command takes is a variable of the type Message (MESG) rather than an arbitrary string. I'm not sure how to get a list of all the available Messages, but doing setactorfullname a81ff sets an actor's name to Playtesting Temporary Message (one of the few MESG objects I found with help message 0). You can try searching for various things you might want to name it with help <whatever name> 0. If you find any MESG: objects, use the reference id in parentheses as the argument for setactorfullname. Edited by IHeaRTeVie

• 1 year later...

Just use memory editor like cheat engine search for horse name in string option then replace all found horse name with new name. Save the game then reload it :smile:

This is how I've renamed my character after i've downloaded someone's finished save game.

Edited by SallyAnneArnott