DLCs gone after installing Mods

• 1 month later...

check the DLC folder , you probably have an empty folder in there.

Where is this for you? I have 16 DLC folders (DLC1, DLC2, ... DLC16 etc) all with no empty folders. They do all contain the same files it looks like. I also have a "bob" and "ep1" folder containing the same things as well

Vanilla DLCs are the folders DLC1 through DLC16, bob, ep1. Any other folder in there is mod-added. If you used vortex to uninstall a mod that has a dlc component then it likely left empty folders in there. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/416825592?t=1m58s

Vortex is not recommended for TW3, use TW3 Mod Manager if you need one.

Edited by Partoutatix

• 1 month later...

Sorry but I got the same problem as dylla13 got, I have all the vanilla folders with no empty folders, no mod-added folders. None of the previous fix-methods worked for me, my dlc's gone, my expansions - gone like if I installed basic Witcher 3 Wild Hunt but I have GOTY GOG with all dlc's and expansions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i've answered in a more recent post but the recap is this :

- i had a empty folder problem in the DLC main folder, deleted them all

- without any mod installed, the dlc quests launched

- after reinstalling the mods, the loading of several save make the game crash

So my guess is one of the mod is the cause of it, need to find which one

• 2 months later...

thanks for this thread, i had installed a new mod and the path it used was "dlc/dlc/modname1234/content". i simply moved the content folder up one tree so its "dlc/dlc/content" and everything is back to normal."

a thread from 2017 is still very much relevant in 2020. there's probably a life lesson in that somewhere.

• 8 months later...

thanks for this thread, i had installed a new mod and the path it used was "dlc/dlc/modname1234/content". i simply moved the content folder up one tree so its "dlc/dlc/content" and everything is back to normal."

a thread from 2017 is still very much relevant in 2020. there's probably a life lesson in that somewhere.

Thank you VERY much for this- That solved my problem. I cannot appreciate it enough!