So this is going to be kind of a strange request. There's a certain perk (Strong Back) which gives you the ability to burn AP to 'run' (which is more like a jog to me, but that's beside the point.)

I would like to see a perk or mod made where that's kinda the default, and flip it. With Rank 3 of Strong Back, it no longer takes AP to Run/Jog. After all, it seems to me a little insane that a man/woman carrying 300 pounds can jog all over the Commonwealth and yet only Sprint like 30 yards max.

I think a setup like this would bring this disparity into equality.

Conversely: No/reduced AP drain from sprinting. After all, if the man/woman has never skipped leg day/cardio to the point that jogging across the entirety of Boston doesn't even leave them winded (even more so when carrying the equivalent of a small horse), they would have no trouble sprinting for a fair distance.

• 2 years later...

... really?
No answer in two years??
I would really like to see this mod! Keywords "survival" and "immersive"...
While youre running or jogging you use less AP as you would sprinting - tadaaa: theres a reason to walk - to recover AP!

Edit:
Heres "No Infinite Running Anymore" a solution for F4SE user but its got its limitations:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/34881

Edited by mikegrauohr

I don't see any way to make this easily without scripting because there's no existing actor value/mod for AP cost while jogging, and the "run while over encumbered" doesn't look very exposed (Unless there's some way to edit those I'm not aware of?)

If this is a huge sticking point for you, it would be possible to make the max encumbrance something like 30, but have it's negative effect be incredibly small, and have the strong back 3 perk on by default. The only real downside is "you're over encumbered" being spammed, and everyone asking if you need them to carry something. If f4se isn't an option and those limitations are ok, let me know and I'll slap it together.

As for the second suggestion, I'm actually REALLY surprised this hasn't been done, and that the existing strong back reworks are really cheaty (giving thousands of weight), so here. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/36027

Edited by PhanomGames