DAI Mods not appearing in game

Saintdane1121

Ah I feel you, I was so excited to get on my second playthrough, because of the mods ( and Solas ). My first inquisitor was rather ugly, so I was looking forward to adding mods! At first when they did not work, I was like: ok, that's cool. It happens, there must be a solution right? So I started browsing for people having the same problem as well and tried out the solutions that the people would give - if only they worked :( I started losing hope, because none of the problems seemed exaclty like mine and every solution seemed the same ( put your mesh settings on ultra, repair the game, see if only one mod works too). So luckily, I stumbled upon this forum, even though we haven't found a working solution yet.

The Skyhold PJs are nice, nicer than your default one, but then I see these amazing mods :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now have over two pages of posts and, of the ones reporting that they're having a problem, only the OP has provided the list of mods they're trying to use. (And no, a link to another topic doesn't count. Although a list with the links to the specific mods would.) NOTE: the OP dropped out of the convo quite a while ago. Perhaps their issue was resolved?

If you can't do that much, not sure there's much any of the rest of us can do to help. :dry:

Oh, but I have listed the mods that I've merged but did not work in my first post on this forum though.

I would happily list them again:

EF ponytail twisted curls by Kadust

EF Loose braided hair by Eleonora

HD Eye textured by Zachillios

Longer fuller lashes by xStephyg

No waiting- war table by Tahira

I listed them twice in my topic, which you ignored in the first time, because you told me, you wanted a less complicated description. I don't understand why this does not count, but since you asked so nicely it would be rude not to list them here again:

Equal Opportunity Solas

The Pride - Solas Face Retexture

Tresspasser Armor for EM and HM

Eyebrows 4 Men

No Armor Class Restrictions

Long Hair With Side Bangs

Elven Flower Tattoo

HD Eye Textures

Exquisition

@Yroxay; I ignored them because you didn't name them, you simply put "http://nexus..." links. Now that you've provided the names, I can tell you that I've used about half of those with no problem, and most of the ones I haven't (the "Solas- and other elf-specific" ones) wouldn't be likely to have conflicts with the others.

So, that would indicate that you're not doing something correctly when using the DAI ModManager. (Although I also noticed that some of the appearance mods that both you and Crescentia0 listed require the "Ultra" setting for Mesh Quality in the graphics options. Be sure to check that.)

a. Did you extract the ".daimod" files from the d/l archives? (Basic, I know, but have to ask... And at least one of the mods in your list comes packaged with multiple files and you then select which one you want to use.)

b. Are all the mods you want to use "checked off" in the left-hand list pane?

c. What message(s) do you get at the end of the Merge process?

d. Do your DAIModManager screens look like these (especially the correct file paths at the top)?

1678793-1472297681.png

(The "Warnings" are thrown by the Explore Abilities mod, but it works perfectly regardless.)

Again, the vital information when troubleshooting using mods is: "What mods?" and "What happens?"

@Thandal

Okay, I get that now. But why did you ignore instead of just telling me. I had to ask you before you even told me that I made it too complicated.

The second list is fine, then?

By extracting it from the archive, you mean extracting it into the mod folder, right? Or do I have to extract it in a specific way?

What I do is, right click the rar or zip file, click WinRAR and the extract to files [into the mod folder, which is the mod path, I entered in the first box in the Mod Manager.

I get the "Task completed sucessfully" but no warnings.

Except the mod path and the mods, they look exactly the same.

@Thandal

a) yes, I have extracted the .daimod' files with WinRar

b/d ) b652b927f10a58d1f46401f8c29f49b6.png

c) 742bdb4205d53f4735ff200a4aa44197.png

it seems the same as yours, therefore, I wonder if something might be wrong with the mergedpatchfolder that mod manager creates? I've had times that the mergedpatchfolder doesn't appear, but even when it appears in the update folder, the mods do not appear in the game. Also, I have my mesh settings on ultra.

Edited by Crescentia0

(Yes, I meant "extracting" from the .rar (or.7z. or .zip) archive to obtain the .daimod files and placing them in the folder that DAI MM expects.)

So, after executing a "merge" do you have a folder that resembles this one under your "DAI program files" directory?

1678793-1472412867.png

(NOTE: My "version number" in the package.mft file is now up to 15.)

And again, are you (both) using the "Ultra" Mesh Quality setting?