JakeCWolf

Just one more thing in a long list of dumb decisions Bethesda had made, disabling achievements for modded games, as if anyone has ever cared about the legitimacy of obtaining achievements in a Bethesda game before (insert Twitch Kappa emote here).

So the problem I am having is while there is a mod to re-enable getting Achievement with mods, it currently doesn't work. Is there another way to re-enable mods? Console Command, INI file I can edit? If not I might make a mod request in that sub forum requesting an update of the outdated mod I mentioned, which you can find right here.

Anyhow love any feedback as always.

Just one more thing in a long list of dumb decisions Bethesda had made, disabling achievements for modded games, as if anyone has ever cared about the legitimacy of obtaining achievements in a Bethesda game before (insert Twitch Kappa emote here).

I don't care for achievements in any game. Period. So I couldn't care less about their decision. They're not providing any assets for the player. Just something nice and shiny to look at and for some people to brag about.

But on these lines I kind of understand their decision. If you want your achievements, keep it on level ground with all the others striving to get them. And again, the ones feeling the need to cheat are probably the ones bragging the loudest.

I use the ACHIEVEMENT mod you linked to and it works for me. I just got Codsworth's Achievement.

Do you have the most recent update: June 23 - 2016?

But it does work, as stated, I got Codsworth's just yesterday.

the mods I've tried to re-enable achievements both work

one had a nice comment inside stating that apparently achievements are coded into the save game - so any achievement that was previously blocked - can't be unblocked unless you go to a previous save - any new achievement will unlock

took my branded save - tried to get a known blocked achievement - burned - no unlock ---

took a previous save (had a good point to revert to) - got the achievement instantly

I don't care for achievements in any game. Period. So I couldn't care less about their decision. They're not providing any assets for the player. Just something nice and shiny to look at and for some people to brag about.

But on these lines I kind of understand their decision. If you want your achievements, keep it on level ground with all the others striving to get them. And again, the ones feeling the need to cheat are probably the ones bragging the loudest.

Problem is, at this point no one believes in the legitimacy of achievements for any Bethesda title for PC, mostly talking about Skyrim and Fallout 3 here. Also this was only a recent development with the 1.5 patch, so I doubt steam is to blame here, and seriously who cares about achievements on Steam? On 360 they where something to strive for, it was thrilling/satisfying to unlock them, on PC? Whatever. No real meaning. Maybe that's just me but I feel I'm well within the majority of Steam players thinking that way.

Also i think that is microsoft and Steam deciding that more then beth. Either way it makes sense.

Like I said above, doubt Steam had any say in the matter, Bethesda has been tripping over their own shiz for a while now, just one more radioactive brahmin paddy they've stepped in. They should just let sleeping dogs lie, fanbase is riled up enough as it is, why cause more drama? Well so much for that I guess... *sigh*

I use the ACHIEVEMENT mod you linked to and it works for me. I just got Codsworth's Achievement.

Do you have the most recent update: June 23 - 2016?

But it does work, as stated, I got Codsworth's just yesterday.

Very strange, well I'm about ready to do a full uninstall/reinstall anyhow. Little something I like to do every so often, get rid of .ini changes for mods I don't use anymore. A post left by someone said that manual install works, I didn't try that so maybe I'm just an idiot, wouldn't be the first time... lol

Edited by JakeCWolf

I am currently at 70% or so on Achievements and only lacking add-on achievements. I made sad realization that though I completed Far Harbor, without that that mod being enabled and having Steam online, I got no credit for so to fix, I went back to a save before I started Far Harbor and and just playing it through quickly again, getting achievements. Side-note though.... I also have ALL cages from Wasteland Workshop built in a circle but still cant get that achievement to pop.

So the problem I am having is while there is a mod to re-enable getting Achievement with mods, it currently doesn't work. Is there another way to re-enable mods? Console Command, INI file I can edit? If not I might make a mod request in that sub forum requesting an update of the outdated mod I mentioned, which you can find right here.

No, you are making a dumb decision here.

Now let's see why:

Mods can easily enable cheating to get achievements. Which would devaluate the achievement and make it meaningless.

I think I had about 64% 0f the achievements or more at the time they labeled the modded saves. I had played several more hundred hours or so before I even realized that achievements were off. What they decided makes sense and if I have to decide between the two, it will definitely be mods. I'm not about to redo hundreds of hours just to get achievements that don't really mean anything, especially in a Bethesda game.

Achievements aren't exactly meaningless though. Depending on the game and how complicated it is, sometimes it helps to go through and look at what achievements you can get ahead of time so you can kind of get a sense at what you can do in the game. But in the case of FO4, they don't let you look at them ahead of time anyways.

No, you are making a dumb decision here.

Now let's see why:

Mods can easily enable cheating to get achievements. Which would devaluate the achievement and make it meaningless.

Only if you take mods that do specifically that - Mod that Cheats to get said achievements.

But just getting the Mod I said, still works for me. Only re-enables the base game ability to get the achievements. Which I still wish - Beth would have 1 release for the Consoles and 1 game for the PC.

The PC world get's no, so called $$ push for achievements so it only does one thing and one thing only: CRIPPLES OUR GAME FOR NO REASON.