JakeCWolf

I still don't get what's so important about achievements. I mean, noone's waiting with the candy box to award the ones having them. I never even looked at them in any of my games, since they don't provide any assets. At least in single player games.

It's a bit different in online games, such as GTA, where they partly add to your experience or skills.

I still don't get what's so important about achievements.

Consider it a game perk, with out it, you will not qualify for other things in game that DO require it.

Edited by Purr4me

Yeah, but what's the asset - other than something shiny to look at? And what's even that value if you didn't achieve it on even ground?

you can not progress through the game without achieving things. In survival mode as I am led to believe from those that chose to OPT in to the beta? you die, the game is supposed to start all over. Your characters profile as seen in game by the games AI packages need to pass certain things in order for the next stages to start, and level up are included in achievements too. you can't play the whole game on level 1.

I think your "thinking about Steam achievements? All that is ; is a recording of progression in the game, only shared as it is.

Or am i missing something here?

Yeah, but what's the asset - other than something shiny to look at? And what's even that value if you didn't achieve it on even ground?

I'd personally take the stance that if you own the game, you are on "even ground", of the 71 current Achievements in Fallout 4 currently, at most 3 of them could be directly influenced by a mod. Those three are: "What's yours is mine" (Pick 50 locks), "Robco's Worst Nightmare" (Hack 50 terminals), and "Lovable" (Reach maximum relationship level with a companion). Mods that remove the mini game for locks/terminals, and one that removes the cooldown time for "liked" actions from a companion (which is entirely easy to bypass on vanilla by saving and loading after each "like").

Simply put for every one "cheat" mod there are thousands of other mods that don't deserve the lockout of story line achievements or 99% of the others either.

Edited by AnvilOfWar

I'd personally take the stance that if you own the game, you are on "even ground", of the 71 current Achievements in Fallout 4 currently, at most 3 of them could be directly influenced by a mod. Those three are: "What's yours is mine" (Pick 50 locks), "Robco's Worst Nightmare" (Hack 50 terminals), and "Lovable" (Reach maximum relationship level with a companion). Mods that remove the mini game for locks/terminals, and one that removes the cooldown time for "liked" actions from a companion (which is entirely easy to bypass on vanilla by saving and loading after each "like").

Simply put for every one "cheat" mod there are thousands of other mods that don't deserve the lockout of story line achievements or 99% of the others either.

Well said.

I think your "thinking about Steam achievements? All that is ; is a recording of progression in the game, only shared as it is.

I think, these are fallout achievements. I never play on survival though, since all it does is turning enemies into bullet sponges. I tried it at some time, they don't get any more clever. The Mirelurk queen a the castle only lasted longer and took a larger amount of ammo to kill. Which I found tiresome, since it didn't add anything of value.

I only play hard modes, if that actually means a challenge and not pulling the trigger more often. Or being offed more often, since the enemies get stronger. But usually the same tactics work, since, see above, they aren't clever enough to try different tactics.

I think, these are fallout achievements. I never play on survival though, since all it does is turning enemies into bullet sponges. I tried it at some time, they don't get any more clever. The Mirelurk queen a the castle only lasted longer and took a larger amount of ammo to kill. Which I found tiresome, since it didn't add anything of value.

I only play hard modes, if that actually means a challenge and not pulling the trigger more often. Or being offed more often, since the enemies get stronger. But usually the same tactics work, since, see above, they aren't clever enough to try different tactics.

The type of game you might require is a modded game set up in such a way to permit a real challenge.

Unfortunately Current game is not of that caliber. IF I read you correctly..which I doubt; this game offers little of any challenge ?

I know this. yes, achievements are active with a modded game but only if you never ever touch in game menu "Mods" or anything at all except continue.

Any and most mods, not all will load automatically and the game will run normally.

Things go south by the way side and all hell breaks loose when you enable in game mods or go online while HOT. that turns on all this non sense Bethesda set up.

As the staff member pointed out, there has been made a workaround for those circumstances.

Now, how you launch the game also has a determination factor as well in how or what works or does not work.

IT depends on the user choices, how he or she set things up and what is being used and how it's being used that makes all the differences in the world of this game functions.

To date, no one has built a combat mod worthy of that challenge you seek so I do understand your point of view. Hard core in the game as it is now is a total Joke.

Guns act like BB guns, have no bite. A nuke to the face brings an ouch ..maybe and the NPC's just shrug it off. That's not much fun.

you put a .308 to the skull of a raider and pull the trigger, that head should be vaporized. In real Life, yes, but not in these games.

So mods that make things a lot more balanced is what you need to look for in order for the achievements to make any sense.

Now, if there was a mod that made the player character not Bob so much, act like a jack in the box when you stop, bouncing back an forth like it's on a spring? I might play it more, but due to that motion sickness I get from that alone? I don't play it much.

Bullet sponges are the games facts. we wait for All of the DLC's to be given out and land squarely onto our hard drives , then things will change.

Until that time, you need harsher mods that don't break the game for you, and give to you the value you seek.

Does that cover most of your concerns?

The thing is: as 1 poster stated - "If I want to cheat, that is my choice. It's my game, I paid for it."

Here is the thing: Again, sadly this is overlooked.

The Console Players can "cash" in Achievements earned. So ya, they would indeed want to 'cap that', and I understand that totally.

But - the PC Player does not have that option available, so again - Why are the PC players treated like Console Players when the 'playing grounds' are not even remotely the same in this area?

Again, for me. I do not have mods that "cheat" - I have texture mods - home mods and Quest Mods. So, why should my Achievements be blocked? I neither get $$ rewards for them being earned nor do I have cheat mods.