True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

@Beakie

Well. It's not like you'd have to download and play race mod you would really dislike.

I'm pretty sure there will be a dozen different and complex werewolf mods very soon, but it's a bit different matter.

When it's only player character, it's only about the player, doesn't matter much how it fits in lore or not. And it's Skyrim, it's not like the character's race changes anything at any point in the game, apart from two NPCs calling you either Cat, Elf or Kin, hehe. So whatever you are, it's up to you to RP it with yourself. Or you can just play it because you like how it looks... That also works for many people.

I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't make the mod, I'm just trying to encourage people to think about what they're modding in, and what it does to the overall experience of the game. I just want everyone to experience a world so thoughtfully crafted as the TES world as it stands today in the lore, and while I can't stop others from making and downloading mods that break the lore a bit, I can at least advise against it.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time player of TES and other games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas its clear people will mod what they want to. If your one for a more pure world that's fine and you don't have to deal with something that changes it at all. However a Wolf or Fox race would make since in Skyrim as the area is filled with them. ^_^

Beakie's trying to get you guys to do more for your race mod than just introducing it without rhyme or reason, and you're blowing him off? Don't you want to make this be more than just "You can play this" without any supporting fluff? If nothing else, if there's more thought and effort put into integrating the race, more people would enjoy it! Don't just ignore people who are trying to encourage people to go the extra mile!

Beakie's trying to get you guys to do more for your race mod than just introducing it without rhyme or reason, and you're blowing him off? Don't you want to make this be more than just "You can play this" without any supporting fluff? If nothing else, if there's more thought and effort put into integrating the race, more people would enjoy it! Don't just ignore people who are trying to encourage people to go the extra mile!

Thank you.

I suppose, in a way, I'd rather see a mod that replaced all imperials with foxes or something than one that just makes the player a fox for no raisin, just for the sake of consistency... but at the same time, having both canid anthros and werewolves in the same setting just strikes me as... weird. Like "Oh my gosh, it's such a curse to be a wolf man!" "Oh, you mean like the Soqui?" "YEAH BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT!"

Which is why I say maybe they just need to modify werewolves to be the wolf anthros they want. I mean, it'd work pretty well I think, especially if they make it a toggle. Everyone wins that way. Hell, some of the members of the companions inner circle might just stroll around like that all the time, then you wouldn't even be the only one like that. Though that's kinda lorebreaking too... but eh...

This Topic is about New Anthro races mods in Skyrim Not Replacing the other or maybe a little.

I have a feeling you people are oftopic right now

Lacorpse and Ecuanico you should read the Head Line of this Topic this topic is about True Anthro races Not Humans body with real animal head/ears/Tail or whatever

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

You remember on Norrowind? The 2 beast races Argonian and the Khajiit Looks more True anthro than Oblivion ever got to

Thank you.

I suppose, in a way, I'd rather see a mod that replaced all imperials with foxes or something than one that just makes the player a fox for no raisin, just for the sake of consistency... but at the same time, having both canid anthros and werewolves in the same setting just strikes me as... weird. Like "Oh my gosh, it's such a curse to be a wolf man!" "Oh, you mean like the Soqui?" "YEAH BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT!"

Which is why I say maybe they just need to modify werewolves to be the wolf anthros they want. I mean, it'd work pretty well I think, especially if they make it a toggle. Everyone wins that way. Hell, some of the members of the companions inner circle might just stroll around like that all the time, then you wouldn't even be the only one like that. Though that's kinda lorebreaking too... but eh...

There are dozens, if not hunderths of mods that make player a... something for no reason. Tho you obviously want a werewolf mod. Nothing against that. But again there will be many mods editing werewolf in many, many ways, just as soon as the CS is out, I'm very sure of that. But maybe not everyone wants "shape into anthro" skill. Race instead. And not everyone wants to be a werewolf.

Point is, you can make a background once you have the race, the other way around is a bit weird, since you don't even know if you will actually have the models, textures and scripts, bacause I for one can't make those. Or not nice one at least. And obviously, fox race would even have a background ready.

Another, a bit sad fact is, 90% do not care about lore or backgrounds... or mod descriptions at that.

Thank you.

There are dozens, if not hunderths of mods that make player a... something for no reason. Tho you obviously want a werewolf mod. Nothing against that. But again there will be many mods editing werewolf in many, many ways, just as soon as the CS is out, I'm very sure of that. But maybe not everyone wants "shape into anthro" skill. Race instead. And not everyone wants to be a werewolf.

Point is, you can make a background once you have the race, the other way around is a bit weird, since you don't even know if you will actually have the models, textures and scripts, bacause I for one can't make those. Or not nice one at least. And obviously, fox race would even have a background ready.

Another, a bit sad fact is, 90% do not care about lore or backgrounds... or mod descriptions at that.

I don't want a werewolf mod, I'm happy with the races as they are. I'm just saying, if one gets made like that, it'll have broader appeal.

I know a lot of folks don't care, but I'd like to see mods for Skyrim held to a higher standard than what Oblivion wound up with