Texture won't "paint" in Landscape Editing

Kinda old topic, but... what exactly determines how many textures I'm able to paint? Sure, I got 3, but what should I do if I want 5???

If you know you have 3 stick with that, your good.

Things can get sticky @ 5. You should be ok @ 3 but a previous post indicates instructions how to determine what you got on this thread.

KB

Edited by Purr4me

Purr4me:

3 is horribly little for my mod, but that doesn't explain how it's possible that some quads accept 3 textures, and some accept 5. There must be something to logically explain this, since for me it doesn't make sense. :wallbash:

Rasikko:

I never modded Skyrim, so I can't tell...

Purr4me:

3 is horribly little for my mod, but that doesn't explain how it's possible that some quads accept 3 textures, and some accept 5. There must be something to logically explain this, since for me it doesn't make sense. :wallbash:

Rasikko:

I never modded Skyrim, so I can't tell...

the painted items are called up by the *.nif files. there's where your difference's lay. It's not Just the textures. What ever area your working on may rely on mesh files too.

Multi branches are controlled by mesh files, you can design wild things, more than 5 nut performance takes a hell of a hit.

You can add magic also to run the textures overlay as well.

EDIT: Note...this web sight only allows me to reply, I am unable to access the lower core of this editor with what I,m running in order to type out the instructions.

Edited by Purr4me

Now we're getting somewhere! :thumbsup: I agree that my quads are very "populated" by meshes.

Multi branches are controlled by mesh files, you can design wild things, more than 5 nut performance takes a hell of a hit.

You can add magic also to run the textures overlay as well.

EDIT: Note...this web sight only allows me to reply, I am unable to access the lower core of this editor with what I,m running in order to type out the instructions.

Please, explain more - I'm pretty overwhelmed by your suggestions... as well as I don't know what problems you got with this site... :ohmy:

Pick a mesh file involved, copy it to a folder on the desk top, open in in nifscope, expand all the Branches, look for the icons with in the strings that represent textures...you can duplicate each branck and choose a difernt texture to add on but just stick with that one copy and experiment untill you understand what does what.

Not--- unlike the esp - esm funtion the game uses, the strings call up the textures the same way.

A riddle if you may.

a wheel within a wheel within a wheel. Understand. on a micron scale thus does the game operate but the code flows faster the deeper you ho.

If you over load a quadrent, the game will crash. If you place data on world cell lines, the game will freeze.

you can not see cell lines unless you know how to use the creation kit full and adjust the ini custom file correctly.

The world spaces are divided up like a Rubix cube....Square blocks...some walls of these blocks can be directional VIA scripts or not.

Non passable triggers are controled by scripts, some if not most are not but...landscape work can touch thinge NOT meant to be touched.

It's not easy in any way, you must learn by hands on to get the feel of it, So...start small.

I'm even more overwhelmed. Firstly you were saying that number of placed meshes depend on corresponding quads, and now you're talking about particular meshes I need to edit in NifSkope...???

Here's my *.esp, please look at it, if you have some spare time. The worldzone is Zone, the cell is TZAutoPark. The problematic quad is the one where there are 3 vehicles placed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j47606ugftis4u4/TheZone.esp/file

Sorry for adding to the confusion. First time I've heard of mesh textures affects the land texture limit

According to the documentation [1] a cell can have 6 unique texture sets [2]. It may be a different number in Fallout 4 / CK, I do not remember. Test it out.

Remember 6 unique texture sets, not 6 unique land textures. A land texture points to a texture set (see the form). Eg.. DriedGrass and DriedGrassNoGrass counts as 1 as both uses the same texture set.

[1] https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Landscape

[2] https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=TextureSet