Texture won't "paint" in Landscape Editing

Sorry for adding to the confusion. First time I've heard of mesh textures affects the land texture limit

According to the documentation [1] a cell can have 6 unique texture sets [2]. It may be a different number in Fallout 4 / CK, I do not remember. Test it out.

Remember 6 unique texture sets, not 6 unique land textures. A land texture points to a texture set (see the form). Eg.. DriedGrass and DriedGrassNoGrass counts as 1 as both uses the same texture set.

[1] https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Landscape

[2] https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=TextureSet

Assets ? how is your setup "setup" ? Where is the game folder located ?

Do you have all data extracted into loose file format?

Run asset manager first on your plugin using the assetmanager script command within the latest version of xedit.

Don't get lost in this, I just need to know we are on the same level of "Pain" lol.

If you understand this? the results will tell you the info about the work done and what is there and what is not there.

(I had to setup a laptop with the latest version of windows first and other things in order to assist you)

(1809-windows-10.jpg)

Theres a great deal of things windows user require just to use the CK utility.

No worries, but this will take some time, I use an android computer now and too many things are not available for the networks on that system.

be pacient.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

Remember 6 unique texture sets, not 6 unique land textures. A land texture points to a texture set (see the form). Eg.. DriedGrass and DriedGrassNoGrass counts as 1 as both uses the same texture set.

That's good to know, although in the documentation it's not very clearly stated, since there is written only "You can only use 6 different textures in a cell!" So according to this if DriedGrass and DriedGrassNoGrass count as one, I can actually use more textures than I expected, which is very good, even though it didn't solve my initial problem with this... anyway, thanks for help! :thumbsup:

Now we're getting somewhere! :thumbsup: I agree that my quads are very "populated" by meshes.

Multi branches are controlled by mesh files, you can design wild things, more than 5 nut performance takes a hell of a hit.

You can add magic also to run the textures overlay as well.

EDIT: Note...this web sight only allows me to reply, I am unable to access the lower core of this editor with what I,m running in order to type out the instructions.

Please, explain more - I'm pretty overwhelmed by your suggestions... as well as I don't know what problems you got with this site... :ohmy:

Downloading the game Fallout 4 now 55 gigs of data is a lot !

I will be using an out side file manager to control the editor with, Mo2 Latest version and the tools used will be xedit as well.

not to mess up your current work, create a new esp, find the land area your interested in,

In the viewer window try to select only a single quadrant area, with selected and you see drawn lines in the viewer window?

save the plugin but do not edit anything in the window except what I told you to so.

Load the plugin into xedit and run the processes, click on run script, in the next window select and run the asset manager, run it.

Tool-instruction-1.jpg

print out what it finds missing.

LIST OF MISSING ASSET FILES:

scripts\source\companionactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\companioncrimefactionhostilityscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\companionpowerarmorkeywordscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\mq102prestonactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\prestonminutemenscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\teleportactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\workshopnpcscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

meshes\thezone\tzrrtrackstr01.nif <-- TZRRTrackStr01 [sTAT:0804E2CF] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\thezone\tzrrtrackenddamaged01.nif <-- TZRRTrackEndDamaged01 [sTAT:0804E2CD] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\thezone\tzrrtrackenddamaged02.nif <-- TZRRTrackEndDamaged02 [sTAT:0804E2CE] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\cubemaps\shinyglass_e.dds <-- Asset for TZBldgShellBrickDoor02 [sTAT:08056D09] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\architecture\buildings\shell\bldgshellbrickdoor02.nif

textures\cubemaps\shinydull_e.dds <-- Asset for TZBldgShellRoofFlatHalf01 [sTAT:080978DB] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\architecture\buildings\shell\bldgshellroofflathalf01.nif

[02:57] Done: Applying script "Assets manager", Processed Records: 3433, Elapsed Time: 02:57

while your still in the editor, xedit--- run the script again except ask it to find all required assets and save them directly to the Data folder.

run the section once more and verify what's missing.

the list should be a lot smaller now if any.

The data found tells you what files are used in that section of the map, how many tiles used, what they are and where.

this will give you an idea of what your limits are.

Break: I'll Just edit this post for informational Organizing.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me

Thanks for all your help, but I'm still confused. What has missing assets to do with landscape textures?

Anyway, regarding those red lines...

3 meshes are missing, because I didn't send them to you since I'm not using them yet. Those 2 textures are somehow problematic too, but don't know how to fix this, and what caused the problem...

By "viewer window" you probably mean "render window"...???

By "drawn lines" you probably mean borders seen by pressing "B"...?

EDIT: So this XEdit somehow works along with Creation Kit (not like FO4Edit)?

Edited by Andyno

Thanks for all your help, but I'm still confused. What has missing assets to do with landscape textures?

3 meshes are missing, because I didn't send them to you since I'm not using them yet. Those 2 textures are somehow problematic too, but don't know how to fix this, and what caused the problem...

By "viewer window" you probably mean "render window"...???----- correct

By "drawn lines" you probably mean borders seen by pressing "B"...?------Correct with more, items highlighted with draw lines in the viewer window within the CK is an edit while selected, these should write into ram, so by ctr + S or mouse menu save as, you get just the area selected with just that information selected. A quadrant'

EDIT: So this XEdit somehow works along with Creation Kit (not like FO4Edit)? ------ correct

reading the E-mail to view what you removed from here?

So you know from our discussion I started with a raw system setup and files for the game.

The purpose of the use to see what X-edit see's was for my use and yours to show YOU what I see and found.

Of course I would not have the items it lists, but----It does SHOW me what and where your working with.

About this(What has missing assets to do with landscape textures?

3 meshes are missing, because I didn't send them to you since I'm not using them yet. Those 2 textures are somehow problematic too, but don't know how to fix this, and what caused the problem...) the mesh file "information" tells us both what's involved with the code the CK is depositing into the plug-in on save.

Mesh file information regardless If I have them or not are Encoded into the plug-in. Thus the value of the tools leaves nothing to guess about.

The character data? I have no idea what your building but, it shows that the CK is pulling into your work that WILL have scripting effecting every thing used in the scripts, that includes textures and overlays too.

scripts change on the fly the areas in the world space dynamically. Orange reflects that, are these characters there? are you selecting them there?

After I inspected your Plug-in just to see whats being captured, "(3 meshes are missing, because I didn't send them to you since I'm not using them yet) " wrong.

​You are using them there-otherwise they would NOT be in this Plug-in.

meshes\thezone\tzrrtrackstr01.nif <-- TZRRTrackStr01 [sTAT:0804E2CF] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\thezone\tzrrtrackenddamaged01.nif <-- TZRRTrackEndDamaged01 [sTAT:0804E2CD] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\thezone\tzrrtrackenddamaged02.nif <-- TZRRTrackEndDamaged02 [sTAT:0804E2CE] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\cubemaps\shinyglass_e.dds <-- Asset for TZBldgShellBrickDoor02 [sTAT:08056D09] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\architecture\buildings\shell\bldgshellbrickdoor02.nif

textures\cubemaps\shinydull_e.dds <-- Asset for TZBldgShellRoofFlatHalf01 [sTAT:080978DB] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\architecture\buildings\shell\bldgshellroofflathalf01.nif

You are assigning extra data to these areas of the map that you are changing by adding more textures to these, that's how it works, or simply changing the contained information to point to more OR different ones.

First Post on this thread.

NOTE: once you have saved a fresh build, when you reload it back into the CK, be warned, NOW things can get nasty, the Bethesda software will in fact generate error on load, there is a generation log in the main folder that contains that information, a fresh new Empty default will not contain any errors, an WIP will be subjected to data you will not want.

What caused the problem is it's the area touched in the rendering windows with the mouse cursor .

I hope this helps you understand the power and usage of the tool though lacking years of experience you will surly benefit from the inspection.

Add to the mesh files found in the inspection, the ones you think your not using are in fact directly involved with that spot on the map.

Got it?

Kitty Black

Correct with more, items highlighted with draw lines in the viewer window within the CK is an edit while selected, these should write into ram, so by ctr + S or mouse menu save as, you get just the area selected with just that information selected. A quadrant'

Don't understand, but I think it might be clearer when I test the XEdit for myself...? BTW, where can I download it? According to this site...

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=XEdit

... the XEdit is actually FO4Edit... :wacko:

Load the plugin into xedit and run the processes, click on run script, in the next window select and run the asset manager, run it.

Did it - it wrote me the same lines as yours.

while your still in the editor, xedit--- run the script again except ask it to find all required assets and save them directly to the Data folder.

Don't understand this... you mean "List reference assets" or "Copy reference assets"?

scripts\source\companionactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]
scripts\source\companioncrimefactionhostilityscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]
scripts\source\companionpowerarmorkeywordscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]
scripts\source\mq102prestonactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]
scripts\source\prestonminutemenscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]
scripts\source\teleportactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]
scripts\source\workshopnpcscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

All these errors are probably caused by my mistake when I was trying to create my own NPC. I can simply delete these changes in FO4Edit, but this cleanup method I'm usually doing when everything is finished, and this mod of mine won't be finished this year, I suppose...

textures\cubemaps\shinyglass_e.dds <-- Asset for TZBldgShellBrickDoor02 [STAT:08056D09] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\architecture\buildings\shell\bldgshellbrickdoor02.nif
textures\cubemaps\shinydull_e.dds <-- Asset for TZBldgShellRoofFlatHalf01 [STAT:080978DB] \ STAT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\architecture\buildings\shell\bldgshellroofflathalf01.nif

These lines gives me more headache, because I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong. :wallbash:

I have no idea what your building

I'm working on a STALKER remake, thus the name "The Zone".

You are using them there-otherwise they would NOT be in this Plug-in.

When I said I'm not using them I mean that I didn't place them into world, so you couldn't see any exclamation marks.

Correct with more, items highlighted with draw lines in the viewer window within the CK is an edit while selected, these should write into ram, so by ctr + S or mouse menu save as, you get just the area selected with just that information selected. A quadrant'
Don't understand, but I think it might be clearer when I test the XEdit for myself...? BTW, where can I download it? According to this site...

https://www.creation...php?title=XEdit

... the XEdit is actually FO4Edit... :wacko: ------Correct(I use a dev build and will NOT link it in here, it is available on the discord servers, and you need an invite .Don't ask me because I'm not sure that's appropriate, but some one here reading this can send it to you in your profile or E-mail.

KB: I use the term "X-edit because there is no game names so but the authors use that term as due to the fact the same program works by renaming it to the appropriate settings in language handled with in it.

Did it - it wrote me the same lines as yours.
Correct

Don't understand this... you mean "List reference assets" or "Copy reference assets"?

Please---do not refer to these as errors because they are not errors, They are the plug=ins code you built.
All these errors are probably caused by my mistake when I was trying to create my own NPC. I can simply delete these changes in FO4Edit, but this cleanup method I'm usually doing when everything is finished, and this mod of mine won't be finished this year, I suppose...

Negative, you start over.

well... have you ran it a 3rd time yet? I ask because if you had? LOL you would have found nothing.

These lines gives me more headache, because I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong. :wallbash:

That's normal, but you did touch these assets while using the Creation kit, otherwise the data would not be there.

I have no idea what your building
I'm working on a STALKER remake, thus the name "The Zone".

Better, Now we both know.

You are using them there-otherwise they would NOT be in this Plug-in.

When I said I'm not using them I mean that I didn't place them into world, so you couldn't see any exclamation marks.

What does that mean? DID seems to be the correct language...?

What games software are you using? "Stalker" ummm ok, no idea here. I own the game "Stalker"

they are not errors

Well, if I didn't want to change anything regarding Preston Garvey, and XEdit says that I actually did, I think that something is wrong, right? :wink:

Negative, you start over.

What do you mean??? o_O

DID seems to be the correct language...?

Nope. I DIDN'T place them into world. But yes, I think we got some language barrier here...

What games software are you using? "Stalker" ummm ok, no idea here. I own the game "Stalker"

Sure, it's the first STALKER game (Shadow of Chernobyl).

So I should choose "Copy reference assets"... what next? Currently I'm not at home, so I can't test that.