Texture won't "paint" in Landscape Editing

1. Did you touch anything in the CK concerning(Preston Garvey) because, you said you did.
  2. (Well, if I didn't want to change anything regarding Preston Garvey, and XEdit says that I actually did, I think that something is wrong, right? :wink:) Um? ("scripts\source\companionactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\companioncrimefactionhostilityscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\companionpowerarmorkeywordscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\mq102prestonactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\prestonminutemenscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\teleportactorscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

scripts\source\workshopnpcscript.psc <-- Source of papyrus script attached to PrestonGarvey "Preston Garvey" [NPC_:00019FD9]

All these errors are probably caused by my mistake when I was trying to create my own NPC. I can simply delete these changes in FO4Edit, but this cleanup method I'm usually doing when everything is finished, and this mod of mine won't be finished this year, I suppose..." ) uh yeah, you did.

3. What do i mean about starting over? this plug-in is so tiny ,you start your Idea from scratch and watch what you touch in the rendering window or shortcut edits. what ever this plan is, you need to slow down and be cautious.
  4. "( Nope. I DIDN'T place them into world. But yes, I think we got some language barrier here...) " (All these errors are probably caused by my mistake when I was trying to create my own NPC. ) <-----ok my understanding is very clear. You are having issues expressing your self. Language is very clear here. No matter. start your project over.
  5. " (So I should choose "Copy reference assets"... what next? Currently I'm not at home, so I can't test that.) " Now run the asset manager again to check for missing assets, if you understood what I told you, and you now have the assets in the data folder, this tool will confirm that by not finding anymore data missing from that failed Plug-in. That's what it means.

Words, Languages, Example: to understand is present tense, direct in front of you ,currently Viable value.

Understood is past tense, as was, once directed and is over, no longer current, in the past. Words have meanings, they are important in order to communicate clearly.

Misunderstandings are past tense as the words is Plural, (s) Misunderstanding is present as in now Immediate, current.

Bottom line, you messed up and need to plainly just start over and be careful and thoughtful about what you are doing.

This Current Plug-in is junk by your own admissions. To help is to understand me as I tell you what you needed to know.

Again, If this thread, this string, this current mod discussion are is about the painting of textures and it was solved as show in the first post.

If you here to ask for help with that issue, I'm here to help.

If your here for CK training? your in the wrong place.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me

Protip.jpg For many Render Window keys, the window must be active (its title bar is not greyed out). If another window, like Cell View, is selected instead, then the key will do nothing. So if you select an item in the cell view, you then have to click on the titlebar of the Render Window - clicking within the Render Window would change your selection! Then, your keypress should work.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Creation_Kit_Interface#Render_Window

• 2 months later...

Ive gotten rid of all textures, and its still not letting me touch some of them.

Bitchfest time: Man, age mythology editor was f*ckin awesome. Late nineties, place as many textures as you want. Edit heights simply, sample elevation, soften, use the cliff tool or paint it on, you pick. Looked the same with half as many functions. only downside was a lack of gradients beyond the mixes provided. And forget needing to search for solutions on a forum, play with it for half an hour and youre a master. Whats the point of two decades of progress if the result is fewer options with twice the complexity?

Ive gotten rid of all textures, and its still not letting me touch some of them.

Bitchfest time: Man, age mythology editor was f*ckin awesome. Late nineties, place as many textures as you want. Edit heights simply, sample elevation, soften, use the cliff tool or paint it on, you pick. Looked the same with half as many functions. only downside was a lack of gradients beyond the mixes provided. And forget needing to search for solutions on a forum, play with it for half an hour and youre a master. Whats the point of two decades of progress if the result is fewer options with twice the complexity?

you might be better off using a different editor because the Bethesda GECK is useless.

tlandscapetests.jpg

Edited by Purr4me

I had a feeling that'd be the answer. Im brand new to this.

Â

sigh....

Â

Is working with maya and putting it into fallout a huge leap? I knew I shouldnt have put off learning maya.Â

It's Easter an i have a full house, I'll get back to you after the holiday is over. Sweetie, take your mind off of it for a while. Go out, have fun.

Kitty Black

it's like this, if the texture is NOT hard coded, you can replace-it with very little effort, IF it is? then you need to create an entire new world-space as an overlay and that can be a daunting task, how ever, if your building NEW textures? contact PrinterKop here or on the web, he should be able to show you how to do all of this.

• 5 months later...

I had a feeling that'd be the answer. Im brand new to this.

sigh....

Is working with maya and putting it into fallout a huge leap? I knew I shouldnt have put off learning maya.

This is only a follow up on the tasks mentioned here.

The subject matter has already be accomplished by another.

So you may just download and study how this user did what you wanted to do.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16566

So you know I really do care.

Kitty Black