Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

If they had even read the descriptions, MF would've been DQ'ed from the start. It's no secret that it's a team effort. Description explicitly says so towards the end, or at least heavily implies it with the "We do our best to answer questions" stuff. So it's likely they didn't even read the descriptions, at least not entirely.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty miffed about this. While my mod hasn't seen much wild popularity due to my crap marketing skills, I've gotten almost unanimous enjoyment from it.

The fact that a mod that changes the laser sound effects wins over one that provides a whole new way to play the game in the gameplay category is what infuriates me.

There are a lot of questionable mods up there, and some that deserve to be there. I understand one actually contains or did at one point contain stolen assets. Just a major f' up all round. This contest is a f'ing joke. Really!?! Mods that just add a few lines got there compared to mods that added so much content!!! Just f'ing bull...

No my mod was not chosen and that is fine, it is after all it is just a house mod and I didn't expect it to make it. But still....what it lost to...

There are also mods up there that were edited during the contest time, that is against the rules. The entries were NOT allowed to be updated after being submitted. That should have resulted in disqualification. But no....

If they had even read the descriptions, MF would've been DQ'ed from the start. It's no secret that it's a team effort.

:facepalm: I give up. I give up on Bethesda and Nvidia.

I

The fact that a mod that changes the laser sound effects wins over one that provides a whole new way to play the game in the gameplay category is what infuriates me.

It's f'ing criminal!

There are a lot of questionable mods up there, and some that deserve to be there. I understand one actually contains or did at one point contain stolen assets. Just a major f' up all round. This contest is a f'ing joke. Really!?! Mods that just add a few lines got there compared to mods that added so much content!!! Just f'ing bull...

No my mod was not chosen and that is fine, it is after all it is just a house mod and I didn't expect it to make it. But still....what it lost to...

Yep, I would nto have been PO's about say losing to styuk, that modular housing crap is insane, but... ya...

Guys, stop being drama queens.

The only one thing I find weird is that the modern weapons thing is not disqualified. Because All these guns were not made by the guy who ported them to the game. Will be really interesting to see how that 4000 prize money will be shared. The guys who made custom weapons from scratch, on their own should win. Not someone just repackaging someone elses work.

Excuse me!? WTF did you just call us all! You sir can shove it where the sun don't shine. You are not helping by coming in here and flaming us all, best you keep your 'opinions' to yourself buddy. :mad:

You don't even know who I meant. If some people here have to go into a hyperbolic tailspin about a "rigged" contest then someone has to provide a reality check.

Excuse me!? WTF did you just call us all! You sir can shove it where the sun don't shine. You are not helping by coming in here and flaming us all, best you keep your 'opinions' to yourself buddy. :mad:

You don't even know who I meant. If some people here have to go into a hyperbolic tailspin about a "rigged" contest then someone has to provide a reality check.

The rules state it's rigged you buffoon. They literally even have a checkbox that states "I understand how the winners are chosen" button, because the contest top 20 were chosen on a rigged system, not to mention the vote is based on IP atm so the whole thing can be very very easily rigged.

You are def in the running for the award I mentioned on the other thread.