Universal compatible Fallout4Custom.ini file to cover most Fallout 4 mods?

JakeCWolf

So we all know you have to edit/create your Fallout4Custom.ini to allow mods to work with your copy of Fallout 4. But I swear it seems like every mod wants you to add a new line to the file. What I wanna know is there a optimal .ini file list that will cover me for most well put together mods I'll find here on the nexus?

Thanks in advance.

What are you talking about? There are a handful of things you should/have to change with some of the mods around. And all you'd have to do is add changes those mods require to your Fallout4Custom.ini, save, and go your merry way.

I get what the OP is asking. In my perusing and using of different mods, I have run across quite a few that suggest making some ini edits. From the required archive invalidation lines, to the line to enable sprinting in edited cells, to the removal of screen effects on the pipboy.

I was actually thinking about this the other day while attempting to stabilize my mod installs, would be handy to have all these ini edits in a separate file so that when i inevitably decide to wipe the game and start over, i wouldn't have to hunt them down and/or try to remember them all.

As for answering the initial question, no, I haven't seen any listing of these ini changes compiled together anywhere as of yet.

I get what the OP is asking. In my perusing and using of different mods, I have run across quite a few that suggest making some ini edits. From the required archive invalidation lines, to the line to enable sprinting in edited cells, to the removal of screen effects on the pipboy.

I was actually thinking about this the other day while attempting to stabilize my mod installs, would be handy to have all these ini edits in a separate file so that when i inevitably decide to wipe the game and start over, i wouldn't have to hunt them down and/or try to remember them all.

As for answering the initial question, no, I haven't seen any listing of these ini changes compiled together anywhere as of yet.

I still don't see how you can "optimize" your ini file. Those are not optimization changes. Those are recommended, and sometimes needed changes that come with each particular mod. There is only one ini change that you HAVE to do and can be carried over any mod - the very change that enables them.

And btw, that's what Fallout4Custom.ini is for. Saving the ini changes you need/want so they don't get overridden every time you redo the ini files. And a rule of thumb is to make a backup of your files if you know you want/might want them back in case of a failure.

What are you talking about? There are a handful of things you should/have to change with some of the mods around. And all you'd have to do is add changes those mods require to your Fallout4Custom.ini, save, and go your merry way.

I'm being lazy I guess, I just want to copy and paste an .ini that will cover all the types of mod I'm ever likely to use, once and done.

What mods are asking you to add code?

Also, what's the lines they want you to add?

Edit: I haven't seen a one, so I'm curious if someone is trying to pull a fast one on their users.

Like I said, trying to "future proof" my .ini so I don't have to spend hours trying to debug conflicting things related to .ini, reading through install instructions to see if there is any .ini requirements, ect.

That's a shame, sooner or later I expect someone will, that's how it usually goes. Thanks though.

I still don't see how you can "optimize" your ini file. Those are not optimization changes. Those are recommended, and sometimes needed changes that come with each particular mod. There is only one ini change that you HAVE to do and can be carried over any mod - the very change that enables them.

And btw, that's what Fallout4Custom.ini is for. Saving the ini changes you need/want so they don't get overridden every time you redo the ini files. And a rule of thumb is to make a backup of your files if you know you want/might want them back in case of a failure.

True enough, lately I have been putting every change in the fallout4custom.ini. Although if you read the mod descriptions, which inevitably state to edit fallout4.ini or fallout4prefs.ini, you end up with changes in all 3 files.

Just recently did i reread that the custom file takes precedence, pretty sure i knew that back in Vegas and skyrim, but it seemed new again :smile: