Deathclaw Armour

Marabetha

That would be awesome indeed. That also reminds me of another mod request here, for power armor parts made from animal parts. You could have both, a regular armor, and power armor.

Let's just assume Deathclaw skin to be tougher than metal, it would be stupid otherwise. So, regular armor might have a similar weight to metal, but be harder, plus protection against radiation (because deathclaws are immune) and energy weapons (because leather offers that, too). As an upgrade you could reinforce it with metal, which would make it even tougher, but a lot heavier, and reduce the energy resistance.

As power armor, I'd say, make it somewhat worse than the X-01 in terms of pure protection, but give it better HP, plus the aforementioned improved radiation and energy resistance.

Upgrades for a deathclaw power armor could be integrated deathclaw gauntlets for your hands, deathclaw horns attached to your chest which deal damage to anything that tries to melee you, maybe also some kind of a deathclaw mask and/or pheromone coating that makes deathclaws think you are one of them.

That would be my wastelander power armor you speak of, I had pictured it as sort of a mid-point between T-51 and T-60/X-01s, and had been pondering different variations of armor modifications that used hides and parts from different creatures for varying effects. But being able to make some non-powered beast hunter armor from deathclaws would be awesome too.

I can personally say that i've been waiting for a less skimpy version of Abe's armor, as i like the idea, but i don't think this is the most fitting armor for my characters

and in all generality, considering the hunter's pelt armor from Far Harbor, having more armors made from creatures you've killed will be amazing

as an example, there is a SM vendor in Far Harbor that has a Yao Guay head for a helmet

we could really use more armors like that

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys noticed or not already but I uploaded a Deathclaw armor mod about 2 weeks ago, well it's real title is Skinning in the Commonwealth, But Deathclaw armor was the first set of armor released

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/2344549

The deathclaw armor has a Heavy medium and Light variant all with different crafting requirements and stat bonuses

There is some Mirelurk wear and a moleskin suit and a RadStag helm included as well right now, working on more to add

If you have the Wasteland Workshop DLC there is another version of the mod that is compatible with it so you can harvest skin from captured deathclaws,

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/2458094

Took well over 100 hours to create the Deathclaw armor and get it set up to work right in game, worked on the Deathclaw armor for about 3 weeks before releasing it. i know there are issues with teh mesh but it seems the weight painting process deformed one or two of the teeth on the shoulder pads of the Heavy armor but it only did so slightly, barely noticeable until you really start to pick it apart.
The bullets on the waist have a bit of a skew to them sometimes because of the same process, I swear the meshes are clean and neat, in Maya and 3Ds max, but weight painting in Bodysliders seems to leave a slight irregularity and I am not good enough at the weight painting process to fix it properly, everything I try manually just makes the issue worse instead of better so i left it as is for now, Till I learn more or just get better with practice.

So with the Mod Deathclaws will drop hides specific to their Type, Alpha hides glowing hides, matriarch hides, etc.

Each hide is worth 5 Deathclaw leathers of that type , Glowing hide is 5 Glowing Deathclaw leathers and so on.

The heavy armor all uses up 3 leathers for each piece - with the chest requiring 4 leathers

The medium armor all uses up 2 leathers for each piece - with the chest requiring 3 leathers

The light armor all uses up 1 leathers for each piece - with the chest requiring 2 leathers

There are also Deathclaw Masks for each of the Deathclaw types, I am right now working making them fit the type of Deathclaw they were built from
What Ii mean is they all use the same mesh right now, but I am working on creating more so that they match the Deathclaw they are from like having the Savage Deathclaw mask have one broken horn and so on. I am also working on releasing a variant of the Mask that is well.... maskless, a helmet version that will have the face section removed and just have a little metal trim around, like a knights helm without a faceplate. But I work weird shifting hours so it's been slower progress than I would like.

Sorry, it's hard enough already supporting a bunch of different version of the mod when they are all on one website, as archaic as bethesda.net is I am not relishing the idea of having to visit yet another site to check for bug reports errors and to combat the comments of trolls. Let alone another site to send updates too. Why you no Beth.net ? isn't it built into the games main menu. I am a student of Game Development and trying to build a reputation in the industry so I am trying to use the industry placed tools for distribution and their rules / code of content. Lame and restrictive as it may be. : P Hope you don't hate me for it.

Edited by 0AndyVan0

Alright, I'll upload it here, I mean, I have been visiting this site since morrowind, and even published my first mods ( simple custom houses and small custom town for morrowind) on this site. Years and years ago, so why not right. Plus don't want to alienate people anywhere, that's it I guess. I am caving, I will post the current build here.