[LE] How to Prevent a Menu from Opening

Hi,

I'm working on a mod that disables the Wait Menu at certain conditions.

As of now, my mod only keeps closing the menu when it opens (onMenuOpen()), But it's a bit inconvenient since the menu shows up before it closes, What I would love to do, is to prevent the menu from showing up altogether

Is there anyway to do that ? like disable it, or override it or something ?!!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

As of now, my mod only keeps closing the menu when it opens (onMenuOpen()), But it's a bit inconvenient since the menu shows up before it closes, What I would love to do, is to prevent the menu from showing up altogether

I want to do the same - with my own conditions - but after wait menu opens, I cannot close it. Try to use disablecontrols, try tapkey (1) ? Everything I've tested did not work.

Hi,

Â

Â

I want to do the same - with my own conditions - but after wait menu opens, I cannot close it. Try to use disablecontrols, try tapkey (1) ? Everything I've tested did not work.

Hi, if you want just prevent player from opening wait menu at all, use function SetInChargen as I mentioned before

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Â

Â

I want to do the same - with my own conditions - but after wait menu opens, I cannot close it. Try to use disablecontrols, try tapkey (1) ? Everything I've tested did not work.

Hi, if you want just prevent player from opening wait menu at all, use function SetInChargen as I mentioned before

Yes thanks, I ve read that and tried it out and it is a possibility to prevent the waitmenu from popping up. But it is not the right thing for what I have in mind. Maybe I do not know the ideal events to enable and disable the waiting menue using this function :)

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Hi,

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

I want to do the same - with my own conditions - but after wait menu opens, I cannot close it. Try to use disablecontrols, try tapkey (1) ?ÃÃÂ Everything I've tested did not work.

ÃÂ

Yes thanks, I ve read that and tried it out and it is a possibility to prevent the waitmenu from popping up. But it is not the right thing for what I have in mind. Maybe I do not know the ideal events to enable and disable the waiting menue using this function :)
Oh, I see, you want something like: If it is sunny then disable wait menu ? Then I would tried story manager events, it could work out Edited by MrKew48