NMM doesn't write files to Skyrim\data directory

Soed

Hey there,

when I try to install texture/model replacements to my skyrim installation via nmm, the directories are created as they should (e.g. "data\meshes..." and "data/textures...") but those directories stay empty. No actual meshes or textures are copied into them. Accordingly no new textures load up. But nmm pops no error message and displays the mod as active.

If i copy the files manually to their place evrithing works fine. But i'd like my mods to be managed.

Mods that come with an installer seem to be installed as intended.

NMM appears to be unable to write loose files to the data directory.

I tried Mod Organizer and that worked fine as well. I'm not familiar with MO, but as far as i read that programm takes a quite different approach of loading mods into the game.

I'm playing the Steam version of the game (not sure if there is another version :huh: ) on Windows 10. I thought it might be a problem with write protection or rights management of the OS. But i couldn't find any solution. Reinstalling Skyrim and NMM had no effect on this matter. And yes, i tried running NMM as Adminstrator :mellow: . The problem stays the same.

I hope someone knows that problem or has an idea to why that is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I supposed you've tried an automatic installation with NMM, but have you tried the "add from file" option as well ? If so I suggest you make a backup of your mods archives in C:\games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\ and uninstall NMM. Then reinstall a fresh version and use the add from file for your mods.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The add from file option shows exactly the same behavior. But on this occasion i noticed that with some mods, certain files are copied and some are not.

I just tried to install the unofficial skyrim legendary patch which apparently has 4 files. While the bsa and esp file were copied, the ini and bsl file were not.