Collection of Voice Acting Talent (C-VAT)

Miriandandes

Collection of Voice Acting Talent

C-VAT

This is the thread to be used by both voice actors, and those looking for voice actors.

Below details each voice actor apart of C-VAT. their strengths, their weaknesses, and previews of what they do best.

Please use this format to give me your information, it makes my life easier and makes everything more streamlined:

[color="#00BFFF"]Name[/color]
Gender, Age
[b]Specialization(s):[/b]
[b]Experience:[/b]
[b]Looking for:[/b]
[b]Contact:[/b]
[b]Demo:[/b]

The talents:

(voice actors)

Miriandandes:

Male, 24

Specialization(s): Emotional yelling, wide range of vocal capabilities.

Experience: Personal work.

Looking for: Any type of mod.

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaXb-s5aus

runestyr:

Male

Specialization(s): Calm and cool, singer, drunk.

Experience: Shadowhide's "When Angels and Devisl Dance" by , performing a thief

Getaene's "The Black Frog", performing the character "Gilles"

narration for an iPhone app; the job involved choosing music, sound editing and voice narration

Zontik's "King's Story," playing Earl Durkheim

And much more.

Looking for: Anything that's near completion.

Demo: http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/ttlg/voice.htm

NuklearWaffles

Male, 18

Specialization(s): I can very effectively convey a character, wide voice range, access to other people that can also do voice overs, can mimic the in game voice overs to "blend" a mod in with the game

Experience: Working in film, Theatre acting, Some work in Fallout 3 modding

Looking for: Well written quest mods, anything really

Demo:

tizerist

Male, 31

Specialization(s): I can impersonate most accents and a wide variety of people.

Experience: I have done 'girls singing' in my music and my friends all swear that is not a man singing, but it is.

Looking for: Any..

Demo: N/A

Ranry

Male, 18

Specialization(s): I am a native Scot, so I have an authentic accent. I can also do a variety of thicker Scottish accents if thats whats required, Aberdonian, Fifer, Doric, etc. I can do a fairly convincing Irish accent (to the untrained ear), as well as mediorce German and Danish. I can do a variety of English accents, Cockney and Queens mainly, as well as a passable Northern accent. I can sort of do West country, but only for comedy characters, as its so hammed up. I can also do a stereotypical Russian/Eastern European accent, but its also fairly hammed.

Experience: N/A

Looking for: I'm pretty young so obviously I'm okay doing younger characters, but I'm also not all that bad doing gruff/older types, particularly when I use an Eastern European or Cockney accent. I don't like to ham up if possible, so not too much melodrama in the script please. Other than that I'm okay to do any mod, just pm me if you have a suggestion. I will only do voice acting for mods where most of the rest of the work has already been done, my reasons being I don't want to put in the work for a mod which may never see daylight. After all voice acting is one of the easiest parts of the mod, compared to scripting/modelling etc.

Evionify

Male, 22

Specializations: Imitating, vocalizing expressions, getting casted as "the nerd" in many shows

Experience: Well, I do voice acting from English to Swedish for many kids movies and series (Disney, Nickelodeon, WB etc). Titles vary from Harry Potter to Jonas Brothers (ugh! . I've been told I'm good at adapting my voice to what I hear from the guys over in the US that cast me. Been working on and off since 12 years back. I have never done professional work in English, and I have a bit of an accent. Thus, casting me as a nord or such might be a good idea.

Looking for: Anything really, as long as it makes someone happy :-)

Jase180

Male, 41

Specialization(s): Wide range, character based

Experience: If you played FNV, I was the voice of Capt. Larry Scull in New Vegas Bounties II have also done a lot of Machinema VO's

Looking for: Well written mod story lines, well thought out mods, I can assist in writing dialog if ya like :)

Demo:New Vegas Bounties II more on request. I can record high quality vo's with my gear, and I am versed in sound design.

The creators:

(modders who need voices)

(EXAMPLE)

Steve:

Specialization(s): Sidequests, followers, texture work.

Experience: Creator of Red Sonja

Looking for: Deep, scandanavian accents.

Preview: -link to mods, videos-

(EXAMPLE)

Other Info:

For those new to complex mods, I suggest using "placeholder" voice files for most of your build, then get your actors when the mod is close to release, for two reasons. One, you won't waste people's time -- almost half of my work over the last 6 years is still not released because the builders gave up. Two, as the author, you have a vision but things can change as you build and test the mod (or maybe something doesn't work and you have to change the vision); better to have things near-final before giving the actors their direction.

Finally, the actor needs to know you want the voices to sound like. If you know what you want, explain it clearly. If you don't know what you want, please tell the actor as much of your vision as you can. Let him ask questions, consider his suggestions and provide feedback on the samples. Some of my favorite voice acting projects were for authors who gave me some leeway -- sometimes they liked my ideas, sometimes not, but the result was always improved by the exchange. The one project I did not enjoy was because I got a lot of "I don't know what I want, but that isn't it," from the author. Heck, I can get that at work.

(Helpfully added by runestyr)

Edited by Miriandandes

To start, I need people to add themselves to this list.

Post here if you're an aspiring (or professional) voice actor, or are a modder planning to use voice actors, and you'll get added to the list.

I will be expanding the main post with whatever will make sense. I'm a bit dry for ideas at the moment, so some input on that will be most helpful.

Edited by Miriandandes

Good idea. This kind of thread worked for the Thief community also. So, to repost my announcement from there:

1: Experience: numerous voice acting jobs since April 2005, newest to oldest:

•  
  • Shadowhide's "When Angels and Devisl Dance" by , performing a thief
  • Getaene's "The Black Frog", performing the character "Gilles"
  • narration for an iPhone app; the job involved choosing music, sound editing and voice narration
  • Zontik's "King's Story," playing Earl Durkheim
  • strg8's "The Cabal," playing the town crier
  • Radio messages sets (a couple dozen lines each) for half a dozen VegaStrike factions plus the Oswald Tutorial
  • Briefing video for Asgaroth's "The City Spreads Fever" including a Garret-ish narration
  • Fan mission by GORT, playing Pagan character "Hardroot"
  • Sterlino's "Abominable," playing Denlock and a guard
  • Briefing video with voice acting (not Garret) for Telliamed's "Last Carress," using the excellent artwork of Clockwork Mifune
  • Fan mission by Ottoj55, performing several characters
  • Nightshifter's "The Librarian," performing two thieves, two mages, Garret, and the drunk
  • Random_Taffer's "Nostalgia," performing the Hammerite
  • SirBalu's "Chronicle of the Metal Age part 2" performing the innkeeper and other parts; I later expanded the innkeeper a bit into a small schema (61 lines)
  • Pixie's “In These Enlightened Times,” performing the archeologist's ghost and The Curse
  • Fan mission by Schwaa, performing the shady shopkeeper/fence (this was fun to do, I really want to hear it in-game) and the singing drunk, later I made a small drunk voice schema (66 lines)
  • Pixie's "Under Templehill," performing the drunk
  • Demo, Hammer Chants. This schema (159 lines) includes singing/chants and was included in Yandros' Hammerite Mission Development Kit
  • The_Dude's upcoming mission, performing an announcement with an embedded sound effect
  • Christine’s SS2 campaign "Ponterbee Station," performing log entries for Tomi, Shepard, and Carson
  • Moghedian's upcoming FM, performing Evan and the fastidious guard
  • Spitter's "Saints & Thieves,” performing Deryn

2: Type of voice. Male. I'm a calm person so if you need excessive emotion, I may not be your guy. I can sing. I have fun playing my drunk character.

3: Sample Recordings. http://www.willadsenfamily.org/us/don/ttlg/voice.htm (the hammer and drunk voice sets I made for the Thief community, of several dozen lines each)

4: Status. I am available. PM me for initial contact. I travel and sometimes work strange hours, so it may be a few days or even a week before I answer.

5. Additional info: I do my own editing after recording, so I can give you game-ready files in any desired formats. If there is any doubt about what you want, I start with samples so you can choose the voice you prefer. I usually turn things around in a week for a conversation, or a few weeks for a bigger project.

Edit: other stuff moved to top of thread, so removing it from here

Edited by runestyr

I started an thread like this. but covers more than simple voice acting. am trying to get an admin or mod to look at it and see if its worthy of sticky. because a thread can disapear in matter of moments on this forum.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/466144-modding-resource/

If my thread fails then I wish you hope on your C-VAT. one of this Tallent collections is gonna get stickyed one day.

I started an thread like this. but covers more than simple voice acting. am trying to get an admin or mod to look at it and see if its worthy of sticky. because a thread can disapear in matter of moments on this forum.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/466144-modding-resource/

If my thread fails then I wish you hope on your C-VAT. one of this Tallent collections is gonna get stickyed one day.

Well yours is a bit different; it's much wider. This is more specific, so I think both would do well as separate entities.