Collection of Voice Acting Talent (C-VAT)

Miriandandes

I think this is an awesome idea :)

I'm soon gonna buy a high quality mic and i enjoy voice acting :P (To my friends)

Also it helps people that have a good mod going but just need to find good voice actors.

Honestly, voice actors are easy to find, it's just a matter of sifting through the bad mics, the breaking voices, and the unskilled to find what you want.

This thread aims to remove that process.

What the heck, if someone is looking I wouldn't mind doing voice work.

Questions. What type if recording equipment would one need to be effective? I mean I have a mic but that's about it.

Also, what 'qualifications' must one have?

This seems pretty cool, I've never done voice acting before but I'd like to try. I'll upload a sample in the next few days, I have a really good quality headset microphone. EDIT: If you'd like me for a voice actor but aren't sure just pm me and give me a line and a tone and I'll read it for you, as a sample.

Voice Range: I am a native Scot, so I have an authentic accent. I can also do a variety of thicker Scottish accents if thats whats required, Aberdonian, Fifer, Doric, etc. I can do a fairly convincing Irish accent (to the untrained ear), as well as mediorce German and Danish. I can do a variety of English accents, Cockney and Queens mainly, as well as a passable Northern accent. I can sort of do West country, but only for comedy characters, as its so hammed up. I can also do a stereotypical Russian/Eastern European accent, but its also fairly hammed.

Acting preferences: I'm pretty young so obviously I'm okay doing younger characters, but I'm also not all that bad doing gruff/older types, particularly when I use an Eastern European or Cockney accent. I don't like to ham up if possible, so not too much melodrama in the script please. Other than that I'm okay to do any mod, just pm me if you have a suggestion. I will only do voice acting for mods where most of the rest of the work has already been done, my reasons being I don't want to put in the work for a mod which may never see daylight. After all voice acting is one of the easiest parts of the mod, compared to scripting/modelling etc.

Edited by Ranry

I can do some voiceovers if needed.

Male, 31

Specialization(s): I can impersonate most accents and a wide variety of people.

I have done 'girls singing' in my music and my friends all swear that is not a man singing, but it is.

Experience: All sorts.

Looking for: Any..

Edited by tizerist

Male, 18

Specialization(s): I can very effectively convey a character, wide voice range, access to other people that can also do voice overs, can mimic the in game voice overs to "blend" a mod in with the game

Experience: Working in film, Theatre acting, Some work in Fallout 3 modding

Looking for: Well written quest mods, anything really

Demo:

Edited by NuklearWaffles