All Animals do not move

gavinjb

Hi,

Trying to Play a new Skyrim game and have noticed the bug where the Horses in the Intro sequence do not move, to get round it I thought I would try the Alternate Start mod, but I now find that the Spiders in the cave near the start don't move and what looks like any other Animals (NPC's are fine though), or at least the wolves on the road to Riverwood don't move.

So far I have tried the following

1. in Mod Organiser disabled all mods and plugin's (except DLC's)

2. removed SKSE and ENBBoost from Skyrim install folder

3. removed all references I can find of Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini (found some where that this can fix the issue)

3. Deleted Skyrim though steam, and deleted the remains of the Skyrim folder from SteamApps....\Skyrim

4. re-installed Skyrim (clean download from steam)

5. changed graphic settings from Ultra to Medium, even though I can run Skyrim normally fine in Ultra at 60 FPS

None of the above have fixed the issue.

I know that for some reason it seems to be related to Mod Organiser for if I run Skyrim through steam and start a new game with no mods enabled all works fine (but the game CTD's if I try loading a save at character creation after running SK from MO and as above I know if I start a new game after running from MO it wont work)

Sorry to be another poster of the Intro bugged issue, but from reading other posts I have so far been unable to fix the issue.

Thanks for any help.

Gavin,

Edited by gavinjb

3. removed all references I can find of Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini (found some where that this can fix the issue)

Wow, don't know if I would do that, but I don't have much knowledge of exactly what you are talking about, it just seems like a bad idea.

No this is not normal. And Skyrim needs the unofficial patches, esp. the Unofficial Legendary Patch and the Unofficial HD Patch.

But the biggest thing glaring me in the eye is I see no mention of SKSE or SkyUI there. Almost all mods require them. SKSE is NOT installed through a mod manager. And you need to start Skyrim through SKSE instead of from any other source, but MO does this for you - but only if you have it installed.

I use MO myself, and I have to say it doesn't do this (prob has nothing to do with it, and BTW I like it).

Edited by HalloweenWeed

Wow, don't know if I would do that, but I don't have much knowledge of exactly what you are talking about, it just seems like a bad idea.

No this is not normal. And Skyrim needs the unofficial patches, esp. the Unofficial Legendary Patch and the Unofficial HD Patch.

But the biggest thing glaring me in the eye is I see no mention of SKSE or SkyUI there. Almost all mods require them. SKSE is NOT installed through a mod manager. And you need to start Skyrim through SKSE instead of from any other source, but MO does this for you - but only if you have it installed.

I use MO myself, and I have to say it doesn't do this (prob has nothing to do with it, and BTW I like it).

Not trying to be an idiot but Skyrim does not need the unofficial patches to work properly I have had many a play-through and do not use it and had little to no issue.. I have run into bugs in the game but none are covered by the patches. It should be noted at the start of the game it is heavily scripted and should not be modded only character mods should be use nothing more.

Best thing you can do is read up in this forum and also look at tutorials on how to make your game run properly and avoid conflicts. Remember stability is the key a stable game is a playable game.

Found the issue, I was being an idiot, I had removed the FNIS creature pack, but forgot to run the FNIS updater and use the option in there to remove it first!

I do have the unofficial patches, SKSE, SkyUI (though I have and mod to remove SkyUI for crafting as prefer default)

• 2 years later...

Found the issue, I was being an idiot, I had removed the FNIS creature pack, but forgot to run the FNIS updater and use the option in there to remove it first!

I do have the unofficial patches, SKSE, SkyUI (though I have and mod to remove SkyUI for crafting as prefer default)

How do you do that?

• 5 months later...

Interesting. I have the same issue with only Bug Fixes and Environment mods installed, haven't got anywhere near FNIS yet. Seems like one of the Fixes is fixating some of the mobs in place in my case.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

i use mod organizer 2 and i fixed this problem by ticking in "FNIS Creatures" and then running FNIS afterwards, then there should be a button that saids "De - Install Creatures".

Then you just let it remove what it needs to remove and you should be done.

• 1 year later...

i use mod organizer 2 and i fixed this problem by ticking in "FNIS Creatures" and then running FNIS afterwards, then there should be a button that saids "De - Install Creatures".

Then you just let it remove what it needs to remove and you should be done.

It did, indeed, work. Thank you very much!