What a piece of complete garbage! (Nexus Mod Manager)

vargsarath

I am so sick of Nexus mod manager and i long for an alternative so bad these days, this and i swear this is true: The 27th time since i began modding that this piece of complete garbage software has crashed and then refused to ever start up until i restart my computer - Reinstall the entire damn f*#@ing thing and hope to the Mod-gods that the shoestring & pritstrick software holds together, I've spendt more time geetting Nexus mod manager to -WORK- than i actually have spendt modding. Seriously moderators, Fix your shitty software already.

Yeah well, I can't really say something constructive when it refuses to work alltogether, Oh sure people might argue "It's free, You shouldn't complain or critizise" well so is syphilis and you don't want that do ya? I expect the -base framework- of the device i download to work when i use it, Else it is litteraly USELESS, free or not.

The thousands of user going with it can easily tell you it's not. And if your PC locks up, you need to clean it up yourself or take it to some service provider to do it for you 'cause that's a serious issue.

Well, It's only this program, been happening as i said, a quite vast amount of times at this point and yeah, Of course there is, For every person having a fault there's another having smooth sailing, But I didn't come to discuss the Law of probability, I never said my PC "Locks" up either, It just refuses to launch the f*#@ing Nexus mod manager program whatsoever.

The only reason i have to "Restart" to clarify is not cause the PC locks up or blue screens or whatever, It's just that this single piece of s#*! program called NMM REFUSES outright on all levels to let me do ANYTHING until i do so. I don't know what causes it to crash either, Usually some software error it voices to you before closing down and then it never wants to be opened again.

• 1 year later...

Almost two years from that last reply and I have to agree. This thing is total crap. It moved all my mods to the unknown sector and wouldn't let me send them back to the mod list. I've tried to move the mods into the install one at a time through files, but that doesn't always work, and it refuses to relink them with the Nexus (where I downloaded them). I then tried Vortex, and it was just as bad. Next up was Mod Manager, and it would even run, or shold I say that two incidences ran and I didn't have access to either of them. I love the mods on this site, but the managers are all total crap that don't work.

I have been using NMM for 6 months now and never ever had a problem. I wonder if the problems listed above are related to the specific health of the computer it is on. Just a thought.