Skse command prompt hanging problem.

Drazhar753

<Thanks a lot for your help darstyler, it seems it might be a problem with running through steam manually?>

You're welcome and thanks for the kudo. Apparently, running skse manually doesn't work well, if running it thru steam gives best results, keep on doing like that :wink:

Good luck with your game.

<Thanks a lot for your help darstyler, it seems it might be a problem with running through steam manually?>

You're welcome and thanks for the kudo. Apparently, running it manually doesn't work well, if running it thru steam gives best results, keep on doing like that :wink:

Good luck with your game.

Of course, and you too! Strange that this has been a sudden thing for a few of us, but glad you helped us find a way that works well :)

• 4 weeks later...

<and I narrowed it down to AVG AntiVirus (recently updated). Disable AVG and SKSE launches normally.> good info, thanks. can you create an exception rule ?

Unfortunately not. I tried making skse_loader.exe an exception, and even the whole Skyrim folder, and it didn't help. I had to completely disable AVG.

<I had to completely disable AVG.> a good antivirus should at least allow you to set efficiently in the advanced options, the folders/directories/files you don't want it to manage. It's especially usefull with games because there is a bunch of programs available that may run in background (such as keyloggers, (very usefil with my azerty on witcher2) trainers, etc...) that are not viruses. Despite many others bad evaluations, I use AVAST free since more than ten years now (with comodo firewall) and I'm satisfied with the results.