0AndyVan0

Hello guys, you might be able to help, or point me towards someone who can. I am expanding my Deathclaw Masks mod https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/2225796

By including deathclaw armor pieces, I want these items all to be crafted at a customized crafting station.

As you can see by the picture I've gotten the custom bench into the Creation Kit, then into the game, with collision detection and I believe I have the recipes associated with the crafting station. But in game it won't let me activate the bench, just get the message you cannot use this at this time.

I have to head to work in about 30 minutes for the next 8 hours, but I was wondering if any of you had any idea what might be causing this issue. Or how you would set a perk requirement for the workbench. Or if you might know of a tutorial I can't find or haven't found yet, that might help me.
I would really appreciate some help if possible.

Edited by 0AndyVan0

I usually get that message when I haven't added a "AnimFurn..." keyword to the furniture. Without a keyword to allocate a furniture idle to the actor, the furniture won't work. Without any such keyword, there will be no entry points (colored disks) visible when you click on the "Interaction Point" in the Furniture form, so no way for the actor to enter the furniture.

For example, you could use "AnimFurnGuardStation" keyword for a basic "just standing around" animation (I'm writing this from memory so the actual keyword name might be slightly different). Then choose "Markers/MarkerGuardStation.nif" for the actual marker file (again, the filename might be wrong off the top of my head) - this will put a green guard marker in the preview of the furniture, and an "Other" entry point will be available on the Interaction Point". Then adjust the Interaction point position and select "other" to enable it.

Oh ok, I deleted that keyword from the list because it looked like it would be placing the player directly in the middle of the mesh, I didn't realize it affected the functionality. I thought it was purely visible and deleting it would just make the pop up menu activate without any background animations. I will do some experimenting and see if I can get the guard animation to act as a filler as you suggest. Thank you so much for the response and the assistance understanding what has so far eluded me. : )

You are a great help man, i just tried it out and it works like a charm, The camera goes into a first person view and my character ends up standing on the workbench but at least that avoids players seeing anything weird while in the menus, though i know people are going to criticize the fact they have to walk down from on top of the workbench after using it each time so I will look into trying to move the position of that marker next, maybe I can edit the transforms in the Nif file without crashing Creation Kit. Either way, you have been a great help and a much needed sherpa, helping keep my forward momentum. I thank you Steve40. Now I just have to spend a couple days making sure the first few armor pieces fit snugly without clipping into either the male or female forms. Wish me luck : )

Try repositioning the Interaction Point. Also, you could try adding a couple of keywords, they are something like "AllowEntryThroughGeometry" and "AllowExitThroughGeometry" - they let the actor translate through the mesh when using the furniture. You could also try using a different AnimFurn keyword with more suitable animation for your workbench. Just look at the other workbenches in CK to see how they are set up. Cheers.

I got it worked out and things are craft able on it, just working through finishing up the armor set before releasing the first edition of the mod. Thanks for the help steve40