The Beauty of Fallout 4

Deleted7955447User

Hi fellow mod users. I put a little video together to highlight the beauty of Fallout 4, its not intended for mass viewing but for us few PC mod users and creators (personal and public mod creators) who appreciate the beauty in modding and the worlds we can augment through modding and the emotion of Fallout 4 and all of the Fallout universe really. Making this video using basic edit stuffs made me think back all the way to earlier Fallouts and all the hours we all expended finding something in the Fallout universe.

I also paid homage to fan music covers of the fallout themes rather than using the (inferior) official ones. I hope this inspires you public mod producers by showing you that your work helps to create a beautiful universe out of a game and that its appreciated and valued. I think elegance and beauty are the purest aspects of moding, where with the aim of making something more beautiful we decide to make an imperfect game into something better for ourselves and others.

Also this first humble video I made of Fallout 4 was without an ENB, I dont use ENBs because they cause issues, use up too much of my PC's Action Points :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: and cause graphical unbalances with other mods but I do use realistic light enhancements. Also is there a list somewhere compiled yet for Fallout 4 (like there was for FO3 and NV) of all the graphics mods that go together for the purest graphical experience? I remember such being on the FO3 and FNV forums.

Edited by Guest

The artists of FO4 were the one group that did a first class job- and screenshots and videos (especially with lighting mods) can look remarkable as a result. If the game was as good to play as it looks in your video (and others), everyone could proclaim it to be wonderful.

BUT even as a walking sim, in play the graphics do little for me. No reason to explore (beyond the quest locations and 'splat the bad guy' dungeons. Little interesting 3D (vertical) exploration/gameplay- especially compared with the much more primitive but better designed FO3.

Next to no interaction with the land or environment. Compare with the environments of Dying Light, and FO4 is a humiliating failure. But it does look great in these baked videos.