Setting up custom eye meshes.

PAPVAFS11

I've been trying for the longest time to figure out how to work with custom eye meshes and I've had very little luck tracking down any kind of documentation.

My goal is very simple at the moment (on paper, anyways): How do I set up eye NIFs to look around instead of staying locked forward?

As far as I've seen from the existing eye meshes they seem to be connected to an "eye" bone, which I assume is what gets them to move around. Did you take a look at the existing eye meshes to compare to yours? :)

I have, but if there's some kind of bone connection in the NiStringExtraData nodes, I wouldn't know how to copy it. I've tried to in the past and it only ever seemed to disconnect the eyes from the head. I'm clueless as to how to proceed forward otherwise - the only other differences between my eyes and the vanilla eyes are that my eyes are skinned (which I'd imagine links back to the ExtraData nodes) and don't have EGM/TRI files (as I have no idea how to make those and only a very brief idea of what they do).