Esbern won't talk to me in Sky Haven Temple about Dragon Lairs. He

importmalina

Hi all, first post.

This is really making me sad. I got 3 followers into the temple, after which Delphine said to speak to Esbern about dragon lairs. When I try talking to Esbern I can't interact with him! He just keeps saying he doesn't hear well.

Is there any way to fix this??? I can't believe I'm the only one either.

The only time I used the console so far was to resurrect a follower (Lydia). I took her to the temple to become a follower. That has to do have something to do with it I reckon... It's been 10 or so hours played after that incident, so not starting over from before that moment.

Thanks,

Vadim

Thanks for the lightning quick reply marharth! That's really, really strange. I play through Steam and there have been no automatic updates in the past days. I'm running version 1.1.21.0. I'm pretty sure that's the latest one.

Is it possible to fix this bug? Do I have to reinstall the game? If so, will the savegames I have now, where it's bugged, work fine with the clean game?

Thanks for the lightning quick reply marharth! That's really, really strange. I play through Steam and there have been no automatic updates in the past days. I'm running version 1.1.21.0. I'm pretty sure that's the latest one.

Is it possible to fix this bug? Do I have to reinstall the game? If so, will the savegames I have now, where it's bugged, work fine with the clean game?

Here you go! Enjoy!

Hi BarderothReturns,

thanks for the link. I'm sad to say it did not work. Maybe that's a fix for just the bug where you can't talk to him through the door in Ratway? He just keeps saying Hi and for me to speak up cause he's dead in one ear. This is really gamebreaking... :(

Should I reinstall the game? Thanks for trying to help guys.

Anybody have any ideas??? It seems I'm the ONLY one with this problem! I reinstalled the game, cut all my savegames into a different folder, bar the last quicksave and imported without the .bak, went to Esbern and still didn't work.

And since I'm the only one I'll never ever get this fixed. I'm very sad and angry. This makes 0 sense...

Everyone. I really appreciate the help you're trying to give, but it simply isn't working.

@ FlexySanders: I've already done that. I have a folder in my Data folder under the name sounds/voices/uniquemaleesbern, with tons of .fuz files, but he still does not talk to me. I think I have to start a new char to see if it works, cause it sure as hell isn't on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...