Companions/Console commands

Jackal2233

Due to the great many topics asking the same thing I just decided to take the initiative to write a short guide.

Q: How to add people to the marriageable faction?

A: The command is "addtofaction 00019809 1"

Q: How to make people, including spouses, follow you?

A: The command is "addtofaction 0005C84D 1"

Q: They still won't marry / follow me! What's wrong?

A: Some NPCs are just out of reach, but for others it seems NPCs will only follow you if you did them a favor. Giving a beggar a gold coin counts as a favor too - cannon fodder! But for the spouses in the game they are all potential followers using that command. And potential followers are all possible spouses too (I'm assuming gauging by the pattern so far)

Q: How do these not-meant-to-follow-you companions fare in combat?

A: Depends on the character, also some may have spells, like Muiri for example, likes to summon a familiar then charge in, set her opponents on fire, and THEN pull out her weapon, and she can heal herself. Sylgja however, just charges in.

However, no they don't seem to level up with you, with Muiri and Sylgja they are both stuck at level 6. You have to mod their stats individually:

Setav onehanded

Setav twohanded etc etc

(Also, don't forget their health/magicka/stamina!)

Setav health etc etc

(But the MOST important ones)!!!

Setav aggression 2

Setav confidence 4

Otherwise they'll just run away at the start of every battle. Also, since Muiri/Sylgja wear crappy clothes, they can equip ANY armor light or heavy. Which makes them much more customisable then other companions such as Lydia or Jordis. And I also noticed their posture is much more feminine then the Huscarls (who seem to stand like men).

So we have this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/screenshot3ui.png/

IMPORTANT UPDATE/EDIT: Thanks to Mythais, I've learnt that you can indeed break some rules by making non-meant-to-be companions to become companions.

Type in BOTH, as it is important:

"setrelationshiprank (NPC ID) 3"

"player.setrelationshiprank (NPC ID) 3"

Edited by Jackal2233

You're welcome :)

Also, if you wish to make your companion essential, you need their base id, it can be easily found ingame.

For example, type in console:

"help sylgja 0"

That will list all the form ids with sylgja in it, find the one that says NPC, and use that form id, then...

Type in console:

"setessential <her form ID> 1"

You can also set the level, typing "setlevel 20" or something, but not much difference in my opinion. Their stats seem to remain stagnant, hence I use the setav commands.

And Ghizz, that's the forsworn armor, found around Markath region, plenty of them. Keep a lookout for the /\ camp symbols. They put up a pretty decent fight though - especially when grouped, and those darn icicles. And her circlet is well, a circlet, you find those everywhere.

I also found that unlike the huscarls/intended companions, Sylgja and Muiri will run out of arrows, so keep them stocked, or if you wish for them to just charge in, remove their arrows. I prefer it better this way anyway, more control.

It's a lot of typing to get started but once they are set, they are set =)

At least until we get the creation kit, first thing I'm doing though is making Lisette a companion lol so I can hear the dragonborn song after killing a dragon! Unfortunately no matter what Lisette can never be a companion with just the console =(

Unless someone finds a way.

Hmm, I tried this earlier today but ended up adding stats to my self...

Could you dumb it down? :D

I click'd my wife, so her ID appears in the middle of the console, typed setav onehanded 100, typed setav stamina 500, etc etc, and typed the add to faction: follow me command,

but when i tabbed out, she didnt follow me, and it was MY skills that were changed.... :0

do i have to do

setav <Her ID> onehanded 100? or what ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Incomplete list of characters who can/cannot be made into follower/marriage candidate:

Sapphire: Follower & Marriage

Susanna the Wicked: Follower & Marriage

Lynly Star-Sung: Marriage Only

Legate Rikke: Follower Only

Lisette: Follower & Marriage

Narn: Marriage only

(list will be updated when I find more characters that interest me)

Is it possible to give spells to these NPC ? and will they use them?

You should be able to, I don't see why not though I haven't tried.

Type in (including the quotes) - NOTE: I'm using a random form ID here, so insert your companion form iD in place of the <000389a5>:

"000389a5".addspell <insert spell form ID here>

Since we do not have a CK yet, it seems we have to control their spellcasting manually, click on your companion, then type in:

getav magicka ... which should give you their stat. Then...

setav magicka 0 ... which will stop them spellcasting, then set it back to whatever number was default or whatever.

Also, if your companion has disappeared somewhere, or unable to follow you (like if you just climbed down mountains and such, or jumped a gap in a cave, etc). A very useful command is:

"0005a3j3".moveto player