Modded skyrim 60 FPS but stuttering

skyrimlover666

Please help I got a new GPU and my game will stutter on ultra(1366x768p) when I mod it with gameplay and quest mods and NOT graphical mods which is weird I had 2k textures lite for 80 hours and no stutter constant 60fps but with a few gameplay mods I get stuttering to 43Fps which happens fast and solves itself fast but is still annoying nonetheless I use skyrim monitoring and these where my PC resource usage at the moment of stutter:

RAM:1761MB

VRAM:1650MB

Disk I/O:1 MB

CPU:65%

GPU:43%

GPU:60^c

Threads:39

FPS:43(43-ish since it happens so fast)

My specs:

Intel core I5 3330 3.0-3.2 GHz

2x4GB ddr3 ram

GTX 960 Asus Turbo OC 2GB

Hello,

1. You may install a FPS counter. + Make sure your specs can handle the mods you're using.
  2. If you're using Win10, there are some hardware limitations that can lead to game freezing.
  3. Make sure to check the Dangerous mods list.

Here is a list of things you may try. Some of them won't resolve your problem, but they will provide more stability.

/// Settings / memory :

• Have you installed the skse patch ? >> memory blocks log.
  • Install ENBOOST. (See ENB haxx, read and follow the STEP guide)
  • Backup your ini files and delete the files. Skyrim.ini / SkyrimCustom.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini found in C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\My Games\Skyrim then use your vanilla launcher to autodetect and use best settings for your computer.

/// Cleaning and correcting potential bugs :

• Install USLEEP > v 3.0.4 now.
  • Clean your master files to eliminate potential problems.: Gopher's videos cleaning your masterfiles on the Nexus Tesedit page.
    Start Tes5edit, simply untick everything, (right-click/select none) and add only a tick to the esm/esp you want to check + update.esm, Tesedit knows what to do and will load all the dependencies automatically.
    - Begin with loading only Skyrim + update, ITM / UDR + save ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Dawnguard, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Hearthfire, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
    - Then load Skyrim + update + Dragonborn, ITM / UDR + ctrl +s and close.
  • The method above can be used to clean mods. In your case the Undelete and Disable Reference, (UDR) can spare you some CTDs. If I'm correct LOOT should tells you which plugin you should clean.

/// Load order / mods conflicts :

/// Save game :

Good luck

I use windows 7 ultimate service pack and no I don't use any dangerous mods and I have read all the instructions you said(skyrim stability project and all that) couple of times during last 2 years when I learned about modding community and skyrim and Like I said it is not a problem with mods but with game and setup

Edited by skyrimlover666

Your PC specs (not very powerful) and modded 2k skyrim and your stuttering issues. I think they are all within expectations. You can try playing skyrim in a more powerful PC.

Are you using ENB? try modifying your ENB local ini to see if it resolve your issues

Your PC specs (not very powerful) and modded 2k skyrim and your stuttering issues. I think they are all within expectations. You can try playing skyrim in a more powerful PC.

Are you using ENB? try modifying your ENB local ini to see if it resolve your issues

no my PC is powerful like I said I played 2k textures for 80 hours without stutter the problem and I play in 720p and look at my resources the are not used that much have you even read my post? it was because of V-sync when I enabled V-sync in Nvidia control panel for skyrim and it disappeared I read the solution in STEP project here is the link it is called micro stuttering

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2#3.A.4._Stuttering

• 1 year later...

Heyo mates, his issue is the same as mine, Win8 and up has a 4gb cap on VRAM - as anymore would blow up the program (i think). I have all the same issues, and a very High end PC and graphics card. You will still need to optimize skyrim but going over 4gb can lead to stuttering, Lagged imput and CTD.

There is a lot on the matter, but Windows has finally released a fix (ish) and its comming in fall to release the cap.

Check out this post, and it will take you to the insider program thats just been released so you can finally mod the hell out of your skyrim like i am.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6k58mf/dx9_4gb_memory_issue_should_be_fixed_in_new/

if you're curious about the issues and your looking in 2017 ^_~ link below

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3vt3vr/heavily_modded_skyrim_tested_under_windows_10/

Edited by jihaku87