Creation Kit Custom Material Swap Limited?

bjs336

I have been working on a mod for some time now and gotten pretty far and now i have encountered my first problem.

I have used the Custom Material Swap few times, have always made a copy and then edited the objects the objects is a wall, wall with windows, wall with door opening, roofs and such so i can make different building layouts and have different material on them to get as much diversity as i can but for some reason when i copy something too many times with different material some buildings get different colour schemes. The buildings are the one in the main game "decohouses" 1, 2, 3, 4 and the decogarage

I usually use the "DecoMainC" objects and just change the material on them. But this should not make the houses change colors unless there's a limit in the creation kit.

Here's a link to a picture that sums it all up.

https://s31.postimg.org/ptkrkfuh7/Deco_Houses.png

Deco_Houses.png

Also add that i have copied the decogarage few times and changed the material on that aswell and they are also changing the material colours.

Edited by bjs_336

When i use the Custom Material Swap i copy a object and then i click edit > edit base > edit (next to the nif model path) and then go to the Custom Material Swap and start.

Edited by bjs_336

Thanks for the info radiumskull.

Well if i do that then i cant use the custom textures that i want, for example if i want a concrete wall with a window as the one in decomaincwindow pieces and have the window frame in red i cant because theres no such options in the extra tab. only if you make a custom material swap its aviable. Also use the church model with interior pieces and have done the same there with the material swap because there are no options for me in the extra tab that have the material/textures that i want so in order to have what im after i need to do a custom material swap on that piece im using.

And then theres the problem with the buildings changing textures/material on some pieces, and i dont even touch them. Only copy the piece and change the texture on it. nothing more than that and still it mess up the buildings.

Only way i can think of is to make a new model in nifskope and change the textures there but then again it should not be that complicated. It worked in FO3 and Skyrim why wont it work in FO4? not that big of a difference?

Edited by bjs_336