Thieves Guild quest line stopped?

Tropxe

I've just completed the beehive quest, gone back to the guy and turned it in and then he told me to speak to Maven. I did that, she only had one dialogue option which was something like "How long have you worked with the thieves guild?", and then I went back to the guild for the next quest. No one has any new quests for me (apart from the generic ones) and Brynjolf, the guy who introduces you to the guild and gives you the first proper mission, is nowhere to be seen. So who sets the second main quest after joining the guild? If it's Brynjolf where is he? Or has the Maven conversation just gone wrong?

When I was told to speak to Maven, nothing new appeared in my quest log, though the beehive quest is now in the completed section. I was googling for possible solutions but found nothing, this guy has had the same problem though.

I didnt had any problems with that. after you speak with maven you must go to whiterun to speak with malius in the banered mare.

But from you sreenshot, you must speak with brynjolf first he is the one that directs you to Maven Black Briar and start the quest, if you cant find him is in the thieves guild headquarters in the Ragged flagon cistern most likely. go through the graveyard hiden entrance it puts you there directly.

he is always in the ragged flagon, or in the ragged Flagon Cistern. If you finish the beehive quest, then there isnt any quest mark, until you talk with brynjolf, about what you find in the goldenglow estate.

Here this might help you with the dampened spirits quest after you find brynjolf

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dampened_Spirits

Edited by knightofheaven

I have spoken to him, hence that quest being completed in the screencap I posted. If I speak to him again he just says "I'm busy", as a sound file, not even entering into dialogue mode. The thing he said before that when I turned in the quest was "Go and speak to Maven", but as you can see, there's no dialogue with anything to do with a new quest when I talk to her.

I have spoken to him, hence that quest being completed in the screencap I posted. If I speak to him again he just says "I'm busy", as a sound file, not even entering into dialogue mode. The thing he said before that when I turned in the quest was "Go and speak to Maven", but as you can see, there's no dialogue with anything to do with a new quest when I talk to her.

Then might be a bug becouse i get the dampened spirits quest in the log when i talk with brynjolf when he tells me to seek Maven Black Briar. My advice find a save game before you speak with him when you are returning from the Beehive quest and talk to him again.

Edited by knightofheaven

Is there already an solution for this problem (i.e. the quest "dampened spirits" not activating after "loud and clear")?

My attempts so far:

I have tried starting dampened spirits with console commands but it did not work (setphase TG03 0).

Furthermore, I have jumped to the last phase of the previous quest (loud and clear) and chose all possible dialogue options concerning Maven->The Dampened Spirits quest never started.

I would be thankful for any solutions that dont involve skipping this quest.