Thieves Guild quest line stopped?

Tropxe

No for start a quest sometimes you need to read some letters, i dont know but this might be the case, anyhow, if it doesnt work try to reload a previous save game this smells like a bug to me.

what the above post say its true.

Are you talking about Maven's letter in the Meadery?

No, it does not start anything for me and "Dampened Spirits" is supposed to start right after "Loud and Clear" anyway.

Reloading a earlier save is out of the question, since I have done a lot of questing in other locations (~20-30 hours of gameplay) after I tried to continue the Thieves guild quests and noticed this bug.

Ah i already know what happen, im afraid your quest is buged, and you cant continue with the thieves guild quest, becouse you didnt go to speak with Maven Black Briar, right after You talked with brynjolf.

It is a knowed bug

here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dampened_Spirits

If you do not speak to Maven Black-Briar shortly after being given the quest, the quest will bug out and you will not be able to continue with the Thieves' Guild quest line. This is an issue as of 10/17/2011.

I in fact did not seek maven right away, but i didnt wait 20h or 30h or so to speak with her. so it worked good for me.

unless you reload you cant do the rest of the thieves guild quest line. it sucks.

I think the only hope might be a future pacth that solves that thing.

Edited by knightofheaven

Ah i already know what happen, im afraid your quest is buged, and you cant continue with the thieves guild quest, becouse you didnt go to speak with Maven Black Briar, right after You talked with brynjolf.

It is a knowed bug

here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dampened_Spirits

If you do not speak to Maven Black-Briar shortly after being given the quest, the quest will bug out and you will not be able to continue with the Thieves' Guild quest line. This is an issue as of 10/17/2011.

I in fact did not seek maven right away, but i didnt wait 20h or 30h or so to speak with her. so it worked good for me.

unless you reload you cant do the rest of the thieves guild quest line. it sucks.

I think the only hope might be a future pacth that solves that thing.

It is possible to skip the quest through console commands(i.e. just jump to the next quest: "setstage TG 04 0") but it dont want to miss out on any quests.. (especially since this method could lead to further bugs/glitches).

Has this problem been acknowledged by Bethesda, i.e. can we expect a fix in the patch next week? (I certainly hope so)

Otherwise, I would be thankful for any kind of workaround..(other than the one above)

I hope they fix this, too... I didn't get bugged at this point, but at the end of the entire quest line for the guild. Seems like there are a bunch of bugs floating around with the thieves guild making it impossible to progress.

• 1 month later...