Fallout 4 Animation Modding (for modders and animators)

Hello, guys. I think I cracked Fallout 4 animations. Here's proof. Don't mind the animation, it's just bending of all bones in order, to check that everything is working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rduBaB5M-SU

And here is all the information I gathered so far. Including a link to the github repo with my scenes, presets, instructions and some tools. Enjoy, and join.
It took me a while to gather everything and build the pipeline. So please, let's keep everything in one place, instead of copying this text somewhere to republish it, better make a link to this thread.

Fallout 4 Animation Modding
This thread is for modders and animators.
It is here to discuss everything related to working with Fallout 4 animations.

All tools and Guide is now located on nexus mods, in form of Fallout 4 Animation Kit.

Fallout 4 Animation Kit (F4AK)

>> Download <<

Finally, version 1.0.0. Guide is now in PDF format inside the Kit archive.

First to mention - this will be the place I put the latest stable release. I recommend using kit downloaded from here, NOT github!
Github contains a lot of trash files, scripts can be newer but with more bugs.

This KIT includes:

• Detailed guide on working with Fallout 4 animations in PDF format. Both import and export are covered.
  • Almost all tools and plugins you need to export or import animations. If something is not included you can find a download link in the guide.
  • Preset files for HCT, including rig.txt files and .hko settings files.
  • Scenes and rigs for 3ds max for Human character. In later version will add other rigs as well.
  • Deathclaw skeleton and mesh in max format, but its not quite correct, there just an example.

FAQ
Q: So, we can now create animations for Fallout 4?
A: Yes, we can. You can.

Q: Can I make 3rd person animations using this Kit\Guide?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: What is not included in the kit?
A: 3ds max\maya\blender are not included, HavokContentTools is also not included. You'll have to ask other modders to obtain a link for HCT. Everything else is there. But I still recommend looking for newer versions of included tools, like niftools or hkxpack.

Q: Were do I get the Guide?
A: Download the rar archive in the Files page here, and it will be in the root, called F4AK_AnimationGuide.pdf. You can view PDF using free Adobe Acrobat Reader, or using your web browser.

Q: Will this guide teach me how to work with 3ds max, rig tech and animation theory?
A: No. It is assumed that you know your way around 3ds max at least to some extent, even though I tried to described everything in as much detail as possible. You don't need to be a rigging\animation\3ds max guru, but if you never worked with 3ds max or 3d animation before - I recommend learning those things first. DigitalTutors introductions may be a good place to start. Also I highly recommend larning 12 Animation Principles. Just google it.

Edited by ShadeAnimator

This is a godsend! I'm halfway through modding a ridiculously long and huge revolver rifle (with the only other revolver rifle in the game being the tiny pipe one) and the hands are clipping all over the place. This gives me hope

This is a godsend! I'm halfway through modding a ridiculously long and huge revolver rifle (with the only other revolver rifle in the game being the tiny pipe one) and the hands are clipping all over the place. This gives me hope

I'm not yet sure how to export new skeletons, but I think it may be possible. I'm more worried about adding it in CK, because I don't know how to use it :D

I'm not yet sure how to export new skeletons, but I think it may be possible. I'm more worried about adding it in CK, because I don't know how to use it :D

I didn't know how to use CK a week ago, you'll be fine haha. Just dedicate the weekend to watching a few videos on it

If this means we'll finally get more weapons modders to release their weapons or make new ones I'll be thrilled out of my damn mind. That said I never understood all the hate that non perfect reload animations get or modders refusing to release weapons because the reload animations aren't right.

I didn't know how to use CK a week ago, you'll be fine haha. Just dedicate the weekend to watching a few videos on it

I don't plan to. I already spend and am spending too much time on this than is healthy.

My goal so far is not to create mods, but to research everything required to create working animation and rig files for modders to use, and share this information and files with community.

I released my kit on nexus, just so it's there. As a description and guide. But i recommend downloading it from git, getting the newest version and all.