Fallout 4 Animation Modding (for modders and animators)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did the animation, although i'm unable to proceed on where we open the "F4BipedCATImport.max" file, I dont have it, as well as the "F4BipedCAT.max". Not sure where to go from there.

How do you import the animation from 3dsmax to Fallout 4?

you can only export the animation as .xaf but from how do you transfer from 3dsmax to hkx?

This are the files I have:

• F4Biped.FBX
  • F4Biped.ma
  • F4Biped.max
  • F4BipedImport.max
  • F4AK_Rig_Backup_Old.max
  • F4AK_Rig_Final.max
  • F4AK_Rig_Final_2013.max
  • F4BipedImport_byMaikCG.max
  • F4CAT_VanillaSkeleton_Mapping.cam

Thats the last step I'm missing to create my own animations, hope you can help.

Not sure if you can share the files or suggest on how to create the F4BipedCATImport and the F4BipedCAT.

Thanks

Edited by mapg83

F4BipedCATImport.max and F4BipedCAT.max don't exists AFAIK. The files are from MaikCG's F4Biped, but they don't have CAT in the name, I believe they just have a cat rig in the same scene. The files you have are from Shade's F4AK, which means you are better off just using F4AK_Rig_Final.max.

The F4AK_Rig_Final.max has both a biped and a CAT rig, and the PDF guide that comes with F4AK covers how to import and export animations using the rig.

Edited by a_blind_man

F4BipedCATImport.max and F4BipedCAT.max don't exists AFAIK. The files are from MaikCG's F4Biped, but they don't have CAT in the name, I believe they just have a cat rig in the same scene. The files you have are from Shade's F4AK, which means you are better off just using F4AK_Rig_Final.max.

The F4AK_Rig_Final.max has both a biped and a CAT rig, and the PDF guide that comes with F4AK covers how to import and export animations using the rig.

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you man! appreciate your words, you are the man!!! I was able to export it to hkx. issue was that the HCT it has a glitch on which needs to be executed twice to work with the .max file you suggested!

Thank you so much!

I'll make sure to include you on my references when I upload the mods!