Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

I've killed Paarthunaax on my second play-through, I can safely say I felt terribly guilty about it, the blades help isn't that great to be honest, and at some point there will be a mod that allows you to lie about killing Paarthunaax(the devs should have done that :( )

I love the blades but Wrath of Deadguy has some very good points, Tiber Septim hid the fact he knew Paarthunaax from the blades, that must mean something!!

Killing Paarthunaax leaves the game with the feeling of massive holes...

I miss that old dragon :'(

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vivec isn't heard from again, not because he's killed by the player. The official storyline goes along the normal path for finishing Morrowind

Funny, I always heard he disappeared because the devs didn't want to contradict player's choices regarding how they dealt w/ the ex-god. I still doubt he'll play an active part in any sequels. If any dragon in Skyrim has a chance of influencing future games, its Odahviing. I can imagine him playing a role similar to Nafaalilargus did for Tiber Septim.

I thought it was a stupid request to make by Delphine, though I really liked the Blades from Oblivion and wanted to rebuild their order. So I used the console to complete the quest without actually killing Paarthunaax, and pretending my character just lied to Delphine about it.

So Paarthunaax is still there if I wish to talk to him and I have no guilt from killing someone who basically helped me save the world.

Shame the Blades line of quests are so pathetic and short after that. Sorely tempted to try my hand at modding when the CK arrives to fix that issue, I really wanted to rebuild the order.

I'm being told by the Blades lady that I should kill Paarthurnax. But I can't for two reasons...I really like Paarthurnax and the way he speaks and doing so would really make the Greybeards angry at me, which I don't want because I think they're a cool bunch of old guys hanging out up in a mountain cave, meditating. It'd be like killing Buddhist monks "Buddha" or something. There's something that's just so wrong about that.

How about you? Did you kill Paarthurnax?

I couldn't do it, either. I liked Paarthurnax as a character, and I was surprised the Blades asked me to kill him. He admits that his nature as a dragon makes it difficult, but that he overcome his "evil" nature. He helped humanity, he spent centuries meditating, and apparently he wants to help the other dragons find the same path that he did (according to Odahviing). Why should he die when he's clearly changed, especially when he wants to help other dragons change the same way he did? By the time I was ordered to kill him, Alduin was already dead anyway. The Blades admit that while he helped defeat Alduin (with both of them acknowedging that Alduin is now dead), he still needs to die, but don't provide a better reason than "he's a dragon." That wasn't a compelling reason for me to kill someone who has, and still can, accomplish so much good.

Delphine struck me as the kind of person you would put in the nursing home if she was a member of your family just so you didn't have to deal with her crazy bulls***. She's obviously a racist bigot, so much so that it clouds any sense of judgement she has. I realize that both blades members have plenty of reason to hate the Thalmor with a passion, But that shouldn't stop them from thinking rationally. I got a bad feeling in my gut about her the minute she jumped to the foregone conclusion that the Aldemeri Dominion was behind the resurrection of the dragons. Granted they are Pricks and mass murderers who think nothing about torturing people for days on end just for shits and giggles, but being logical about it, what benefit could they possibly get from unleashing Dragons back into the world? Beings so powerful they were once revered as deities? They'd have to have them under their control, in which case theres absolutely no point in hiding it, They already boast a military force that brought one of the greatest empires in tamriel's history to it's knees. Throw dragons into the mix and they'd control everything in a matter of weeks without having to be subtle about it at all. And if they didn't control them, they've just screwed themselves over as badly as the people they wanted to hurt. Never occours to the crazy bag lady. And the sheer nerve it must have taken to interrupt the dragonborn's training with the greybeards, the go to authorities on using the Th'um. at a point where just about everyone has accepted the fact that He is the dragonborn, just so he can prove to her that he is what everyone else has already seen him to be. And then sending this precious gift from the Divines themselves hauling ass all over tamriel, continually throwing himself into dangerous situations again and again while she sits on her ass in a tavern. Sworn to protect the dragonborn at all costs my ass.

The minute she decided she wasn't going to help me anymore I set her to non essential and shouted her off the top of that mountain.

I killed him after I killed Alduin, for the simple reason of me wanting to rule the Dragons. I don't follow the Way of the Voice that Paarthurnax preaches, and I wasn't about to let him force the others to go that way. His tyranny would be just as bad as Alduins, so I killed him as soon as I returned. Sure, I hated being the bad guy to the Greybeards, but I took the lesser of two evils, kill Paarthurnax, preventing him from becoming the next Alduin, the greater evil would have been letting him take Alduins mantle for himself, who knows what he would do with all that power? So I took the mantle myself, according to Odahviing, I became Alduin to the dragons because my Thu'um was superior. Not to mention, I never fully trusted him and his motives. He even said, never trust another Dovah, he said he knows he could be trusted, but something just seemed off, he may have betrayed Alduin in the past, but I'm thinking he just wanted the power for himself, and since Alduin was only banished temporarily, he knew he had to bide his time until he came back and someone was strong enough to kill him, he wanted Alduin dead, but couldn't do it himself because he was weaker.

I was told by a friend that was further than me that Parthurnaax was simply at the end of it all trying to further his own goals by using the Dragonborn to kill Alduin and take over the dragons.

Besides, I ended up being the next Alduin at the end of it all, no? I would have been very split otherwise, loved Cloud Ruler Temple. Delphine, however just struck me as a cow the first few moments you know who she is. Felt like I was a tool to her.

Edited by Karyote

I killed him.

felt sadness and guilt and the greybeards no longer like me :-(

I saved just before killing him so I can do another run.

My reason was, that the game's main story did not continue with greybeards, all they do is provide shout location (it's useful yes)

On blade side I saw that I can maybe recruit and rebuild blades, have some fun :-)

although they allow you to recruit more blades, 3 isn't enough to rebuild the organization. I'm going to make a mod when creation kit is released and make the damn place a lot bigger better and fuller of blades to make the choice a bit more difficult.

I've decided not to kill him.

If he starts to act up than I'll just have to deal with him then. With all the new shouts I'm learning from the Greybeards, it should make it that much easier.

The Greybeards are highly respected by a lot of people for a reason.

I go to them a lot. It's kinda like going over to a grandparent's house to me. I think I spend more time there than anywhere else.