Photo

NMM (.61.23) is terrible at unpacking highly compressed and sizable archives.

archive unpack

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

narphous

narphous

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 803 posts

It was just a couple of files.

Now there's a new and interesting twist. NMM is just slow, period. I'm having a problem with skyrim that I haven't been able to solve, so I decided to just rebuild it all again to try to track down the proble. So with that, I chose uninstall all active mods.  It's been chugging for about 10 hours, and has made it through about 20 of the almost 300 active mods that need to be uninstalled. At this rate, I might get to start my rebuild around christmas.

Dilfahliil831

Dilfahliil831

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

every time i try to activate a mod it says "a problem occurred during install" and it does it right away, like it didn't even try to read the mod

xrogaan

xrogaan

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 55 posts

Click on the little red stop icon, under the column (?) in the mod activation queue window. The activation queue can be seen by overring the tab with your mouse. If you click on that icon, you'll get a detailed message on why it failed.

Also this is not a topic related, and by far, to that issue.

Immortalxlol

Immortalxlol

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

if your not premium you get slower downloads both unpacking and downloading, simple.

Adjodo

Adjodo

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

And here we are, 3 years on from the OP. Running a 7820X @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB quad channel 3000mhz RAM, a 970 EVO M.2, and unpacking STILL crawls.

xrogaan

xrogaan

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 55 posts

And here we are, 3 years on from the OP. Running a 7820X @ 4.8Ghz, 16GB quad channel 3000mhz RAM, a 970 EVO M.2, and unpacking STILL crawls.

NMM has been discontinued. You should use its replacement, vortex, or another manager like Mod Organizer.

NMM is terrible on several aspects, especially for ardent modders, I would only recommend using it if it is used sparingly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archive, unpack

Page loaded in: 0.880 seconds