Running speed and muscles?

kittie885

In Oblivion your character would gain bigger muscles as his or her strength grew and stats grew. Also, athleticism and acrobatics allowed you to run faster in the game. Is it the same with Skyrim? My character is annoyingly slow when it comes to walking and running and extremely thin (which I don't mind the thinness, this is just a curiosity). Since there are no more "stats" as we know it will my character eventually get faster and more muscular? Does that happen in Skyrim?

In Oblivion your character would gain bigger muscles as his or her strength grew and stats grew

http://fim.413chan.net/fic/src/132054490399-Rainbow_Dash_is_surp.png

Is that right? I've played Oblivion for over 2000 hours and I NEVER noticed.

Anyway, if you want your character to move faster, progress through the Heavy Armor skill tree, and eventually you'll unlock a perk that nullifies the weight of any heavy armor, meaning you'll have more space in your inventory, and you won't be slowed down by it. And if you want to make your character 'grow' with time, just use the showracemenu command, modify your weight, accept and type your character's name in the propmt box. It won't reset any stats as long as you don't change race.

Edited by RejectedCamel

In Oblivion your character would gain bigger muscles as his or her strength grew and stats grew

http://fim.413chan.net/fic/src/132054490399-Rainbow_Dash_is_surp.png

I can't help you out here, but I'd like to know - is that right? I've played Oblivion for over 2000 hours and I NEVER noticed.

I never noticed until a couple years after it came out myself. Then on some website I read that it happens, so I created a new character to find out. In the beginning "Oblivion" part of my blog you can see the character I created, and later as my muscles progressed how they grew. She went from more of a model type looking chick to bodybuilder!

Appearances never changed based on stats. Really, the only thing strength did in previous games was make you hit harder and carry more. These are now linked to only skills and health/stamina increases at level up.

Movement speed and jump height however seems to be mostly static although you do eventually get used to it. There may some passive boosts to speed when you raise stamina, but it's hard to confirm.

Appearances never changed based on stats. Really, the only thing strength did in previous games was make you hit harder and carry more. These are now linked to only skills and health/stamina increases at level up.

Movement speed and jump height however seems to be mostly static although you do eventually get used to it. There may some passive boosts to speed when you raise stamina, but it's hard to confirm.

Well believe what you want, I saw it happen!

Interesting. This did not happen to my warrior in Oblivion, he got stronger, but kept his physic. The only game that I have played where this has happened was Fable 2 and 3, which I ignored (I think this was an option or choice) and kept the more athletic physic through the game, but I was able to make him stronger in other skills / talents.

Well believe what you want, I saw it happen!

No, you didn't. You can even contact Bethesda; no such thing would happen in the vanilla game. Appearance in Oblivion never changed based on stats unless you had a mod installed, or suffered a strange glitch perhaps. (maybe swapping female texture for male?)

Edited by Rennn