Wow, it's been almost a year since I first released Lost Grimoire on the Nexus. My how time flies.
So, to cut to the chase, I've been working on an overhaul of Lost Grimoire: Adding new spells, tweaking old ones, cutting out the dead wood, etc. Once you see what's in the works, I think you will all agree that it's looking pretty exciting so far.
I'm posting this thread as a way to show of my progress, and as a method for keeping myself on track. (I always work harder when I know that someone is waiting for that next update).
If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or random assertions, don't be afraid to shout them out! This is the dev phase, people, and if you have a cool idea it just might get added!
(Wondering what the hell this "Lost Grimoire" thing is? Check it out here.)
Without further ado, let's get to the good stuff.
>>>SCREENSHOTS!<<< Clicky-clicky the spoiler.
>>>Current Spell List<<<
Spells with ??? in the description have not been finalized. They will be revealed to you as I go along. Just something to look forward to.
- Shapeshift Claws > The caster grows long, sharp claws, increasing unarmed damage by 15 for 60 sec.
- Unlock > Cast at a locked door or container to unlock it. Stronger locks require a higher Alteration level to open.
- Switcheroo > Switch places with the target.
- Corrosion > Reduces the effectiveness of weapons and armor by 30% for 30 sec. Deals 2 points of damage per sec to automatons.
- Featherlight > Become as light as a feather for 15 sec, reducing fall damage by 80% and allowing you to walk on water.
- Force Wave > Send a wave of force hurtling outwards, dealing damage equal to your Alteration level and staggering everyone in its path.
- Time Loop > Traps the target in a time loop for 20 sec. Every 5 sec, the target is teleported back to their starting location.
- Unstable Transformation > Transforms the target into a random creature for 30 sec or until they take damage.
- Wizen > Turns the target old before their time for 30 seconds, reducing speed by 50% and attack strength by 30%.
- Calcify > Turns the target to stone for 30 seconds, preventing them from dealing or taking damage.
- Blasting Rune > Places a rune on a nearby surface that launches targets into the air when triggered.
- Dimensional Rift > Creates a portal at your current location for 60 seconds and temporarily grants you the "Enter Rift" power. Press z to return to the portal you created.
- Shapeshift Wings > The caster grows flightless wings, increasing movement and weapon speed by 30% for 60 sec.
- Bestow Locomotion > Animates the weapon in your other hand, allowing it to fight independently for 60 seconds.
- Pocket Dimension > Teleport to a room in a pocket dimension containing all crafting stations, a bed, and safe storage. Cast again to return to your starting position.
- Time Warp > Creates a time distortion at the target location for 45 seconds. Anything that enters the distortion is frozen in time until it fades.
- Nullifying Ring > Creates a null zone at the caster's location for 30 seconds. All temporary magic effects are dispelled on entering the ring, and everyone inside the ring loses access to their magicka, including the caster.
- Greater Telekinesis > Concentrate to psychically grab objects or creatures and fling them away from you.
- Transformation > Transform into a powerful creature for 180 sec.
- Stop Time > Stops time for 10 sec.
- Earthquake > Shake the ground with a powerful explosion that flings everyone away and deals massive damage.
- Replicate > Duplicate an item by sacrificing 150% of its value in Septims. Replicating a daedric artifact results in an unenchanted copy.
- Desperate Summon > Conjure a random powerful daedra. The summoned daedra is wild and has a 30% chance to be hostile to you.
- Conjure Skeever Familiars > Summons 3 Skeever Familiars for 60 sec.
- Conjure Cursed Shade > Conjures a weak shade for 60 seconds. When destroyed, a curse is applied to the killer that decreases all skills by 10 points for 60 sec.
- Conjure Will-O-The-Wisp > Conjures a fragile Wisp for 60 sec that explodes when hit, engulfing nearby opponents in mystical flames.
- Conjure Sabrecat Familiar > Summons a Sabrecat Familiar for 60 sec.
- Conjure Bristleback Familiar (DB) > Summons a Bristleback Familiar for 60 sec.
- Conjure Spectral Shield > Creates a magical shield for 120 sec that increases magic resistance by 10% while blocking.
- Conjure Ghostly Hunter > Conjures a ghostly archer and his faithful wolfhound companion for 60 sec.
- Soul Drain > Latches on the to target's soul. When they die, you regain magicka equal to 25% of their maximum health.
- Conjure Bear Familiar > Conjures a Bear Familiar for 60 sec.
- Conjure Spectral Staff > Summons a powerful staff from Oblivion for 120 sec.
- Conjure Dremora Berserker > Summons a Dremora Berserker for 60 sec that wields a mighty axe and grows more powerful as it loses health.
- Sacrificial Offering > If the target is killed by one of your summoned or raised creatures within 60 sec, that creature is restored to full health.
- Store Corpse > Cast on a dead body to store it for future use.
- Conjure Troll Familiar > Conjures a Troll Familiar for 60 sec.
- Conjure Dremora Seducer > Conjures a frail Dremora Seducer for 60s that wields fire magic and bewitches male opponents when attacked.
- Conjure Lurker (DB) > Conjures a Lurker for 60 sec.
- Crystal Locus > Creates a Crystal Locus for 120 sec. While in range, the crystal drains magicka from nearby hostiles and funnels it to you.
- Conjure Spectral Armor > Creates a magical set of armor for 120 sec.
- Conjure Mammoth Familiar > Conjures a Mammoth Familiar for 60 sec. Can only be cast outside.
- Conjure Winged Twilight > Conjures a Winged Twilight for 60s that is resistant to magic and attacks with lightning and a poisoned blade. When injured, it may call upon its sisters for aid.
- Dark Crystal > Store part of your soul in a black soul gem, gaining immortality at the cost of 25 HP. The crystal will shatter after 1 resurrection.
- Oblivion Gate > Opens a portal to Oblivion for 3 min that will randomly spawn friendly atronachs and daedra. Only 1 portal can be open at a time.
- Conjure Spectral Crown > Creates a magical crown for 120 seconds. While active, bound and spectral items cost 50% less to cast and are twice as effective.
- Conjure Ancient Lich > Summons a powerful lich that curses the living and enslaves their souls.
- Flare > Quietly ignite the target at short range, dealing x fire damage.
- Needle > Quietly shoot a tiny spear of ice that deals x frost damage.
- Zap > Quietly shock the target at short range, dealing x shock damage.
- Electroconvulsion > Deals magic damage equal to 20% of the target's remaining magicka.
- Static Charge > Charges the target with static energy, shocking them every 5-8 seconds for 20 seconds. Damage increases with every piece of metal armor worn.
- Black Ice > Creates a patch of slippery ice for y seconds that causes anyone who walks over it to fall down. (Only 1 at a time, 20 second stagger cooldown)
- Frozen Crystal > Create a large ice crystal at the target location that will shatter when struck, dealing frost damage to anyone nearby.
- Heat Lightning > A bolt of lightning that does x shock damage and sets the target on fire for 2 seconds.
- Winter's Fury> (Can only be cast outside) Changes the weather to a raging blizzard for 3 minutes. The blizard deals 3 frost damage per second and slows by 25%. While the blizzard is active, enemies are blinded.
- Summon the Storm > (Can only be cast outside) Changes the weather to a thunderstorm for 3 minutes. All enemies are 25% more vulnerable to shock damage and have a 5% chance to be struck by lightning, taking 200 shock damage.
- Absolute Zero > Freezes everyone nearby into solid ice for 15 seconds. Frozen targets have a 10% chance to be brittle and will shatter when struck, causing instant death.
- Blind > Blinds the target for 60 sec.
- Disorient > Disorients the target for 30 sec, giving them a 20% chance to stagger.
- Night Vision > Concentrate to see in the dark.
- Alluring Whispers > Concentrate to lure the target towards you. Does not work on targets who are in combat.
- Shadow Form > Cloaks the caster in shadows for 60 sec, improving sneaking by 20%. Sneaking is improved by 35% in darkness.
- Lucky Rabbit > Conjure an illusory rabbit for 30 sec to distract opponents and lead them away from you.
- Phantom Pain > For 30 sec, the target loses 3% of their max HP whenever they swing a weapon or cast a spell.
- Seduce > People of the opposite sex below level 9 will ally with you for 30 sec. Effect breaks if attacked by the player.
- Battle Fatigue > The target gains +15% attack damage and +20% movement speed for 15 sec. When the effect fades, the target staggers and their stamina is reduced to 0.
- Enthrall > Creatures a people below level 15 will be enthralled to your will and follow you for 120 sec.
- Mind Parasites > Target is attacked by phantom vermin, one for every 20 points of magicka they have remaining. The parasites deal no damage, but each one killed causes the target to lose 10 points from a random stat for 60 seconds.
- Haunting Lullaby > Concentrate to send the target into a deep sleep for up to 120 sec. Only works on people. *May not be possible - currently buggy*
- Silence > Reduces the target's magicka to 0 and prevents spell casting for 15 sec.
- Enhance Visage > Grants a buff for 60 sec depending on your current gear. Wearing wealthy clothing and no armor makes enemies hesitant to attack you, dealing 15% less damage. Wearing full armor and concealing your face grants a bonus to intimidation and may cause low-level enemies to flee.
- Glamour > Cast while wearing faction gear to disguise yourself as a member of that faction. Effect breaks if anyone comes too close.
- Nightmare > Concentrate to inflict a nightmare on the sleeping target, draining 5 health per second. The closer the target is to death, the more likely they are to awaken. Those that awaken have -25% speed and attack damage for 30 sec. *Likely to change*
- Astral Projection > Leave your body for 60 sec, becoming intangible and undetectable. When the effect ends, you return to your body.
- Decoy > Creates a phantom doppelganger at the target location for 30 sec. Everyone nearby will react to the decoy as if it were the caster.
- Inner Demon > The target is attacked by their demonic mirror image for 30 sec.
- Mark of Doom > The target is marked for death and attacked by everyone nearby for 30 sec. Counts as a hostile attack, and will cause the mob to turn on you if detected.
- Invoke Twilight > Shrouds the area in an eerie darkness for 120, reducing the accuracy of incoming attacks by 30% and increasing the power of illusion spells by 25%.
- Perfect Disguise > For 60 seconds, crimes you commit will not be attributed to you and you will not accumulate a bounty.
- Enslave the Mind > Creatures and people up to level 25 will be permanently bound to your will, abandoning all previous allegiances.
- Ray of Light > Beam of sunlight that deals 9 damage per sec to undead.
- Delayed Healing > Heals the caster 100 points after a 15 sec delay.
- Lifebloom > For 60 sec, you regain 10 HP every time you take damage.
- Divine Aegis > For 30 sec, the next 2 physical attacks are negated. *likely to change*
- Pyre > Engulfs the target corpse in flames, turning it to ash and preventing it from being resurrected. The holy flames will linger for 30 seconds, dealing 5 damage per second to undead.
- Arcane Healing > Heals the summoned or machine target 10 points per sec, but not the living or undead.
- Cleanse > Cures all diseases and stops the effects of poison.
- Split Lifeforce > Cast on a living target to pool your remaining health percentage with theirs and split the result. Not a hostile attack.
- Circle of Vitality > Allies inside the circle regain 10 stamina per second.
- Consecration > Bless the target location, transforming it into holy ground for 60 sec. Vampires, undead, and werebeasts have their maximum health, magicka, and stamina decreased by 30% while touching holy ground.
- Divine Guardian > The friendly target is protected by a divine guardian for 60 sec.
- Resurrection > The target is brought back to life.
- Glory of the Sun (Master) > Massive sunlight explosion centered on the caster that does 100 damage to undead within 25 feet. Undead below 25% health turn to ash.
>>>OTHER MISC CHANGES<<<
- Now that Path of Sorcery is out, I'm going to be moving the spell Conjure Shambles over to PoS, turning it into a craftable creature instead of a timed summon.
- I'm thinking about removing the poison, disease, and shaman spells from the Restoration school, and potentially turning them into a separate Druid spells mod. Thoughts?
Edited by steelfeathers, 01 January 2017 - 10:19 PM.