Lost Grimoire 2.0 - Development thread

steelfeathers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a spell like the Oblivion Gate but for dead things from below? Maybe make skeletons spawn from a pile of bones, or ghosts spawning from tombstones. And how about a spell that crystalizes the enemy, making them shatter into a bunch of soulgems for the taking? Could be another option for dealing direct damage with conjuration school

Hi there,

I got one suggestion for the expert alteration spell
Time Warp > cast once to set a time point, which lasts for 30 seconds, cast again, to return to this point in time (30 second cool down after second cast)

Some more thougts

There should be an undeath equivalent to oblivion gate (ritual summoning? or maybe call it Rise of the Dark Realms [MTG]) which spawns skeletons, zombies and liches.

Also I agree with you removing the poison, disease, and shaman spells. They just don't fit the theme of restoration tree.

PS Any estimate for a release date of 2.0?

Edited by DreamerSteamer

Haven't had chance to play a modded skyrim yet, but Broduals spotlight on the Lost Grimoire I've watched many a time in anticipation.

They are only minor, but here are my thoughts:

- I agree with the logic that if you know how to cure diseases, then you should have the means to inflict them too. Is it possible for you to maybe implement the same effects but under items/utilities too as opposed to direct magic use? (I know this may go against the point of your mod but it would be a shame to remove content and you could justify this as 'knowledge obtained via magical practice' and applied back to the world.)

- Is the Snow elf ruin you've currently used for the daedra gate just a placeholder? It would be super neat if you could get somebody to create you a custom one, or use an asset which seems maybe more appropriate. (Just a thought, the work you're doing is amazing).

- Personally, the more unique conjurations (winged twilight etc) are a fantastic addition.

- I liked that you added a personal touch to 'hellfire' in the previous set, you took something seen many a time before and added a unique spin. This appealed to me greatly.

- There are already mods out there with some water spells, but the one thing I always hoped for was to see better visuals (water's a bugger to model and simulate I know), but maybe this is another class you might want to consider.

- Maybe spells which let you briefly assimilate other cultures/races knowledge to buff certain stats. Again the idea of knowledge as opposed to destruction etc. Or maybe that would be considered alteration?

Rambling now, but good luck. Seeing projects/ideas like this been worked on gives me hope to be a future modder myself :).

If you keep the retarded sneak damage system you should just abandon the mod.

If you keep up the retarded "being an a**hole system", you should just abandon your life.

But really just knock it off man, just report it as a bug and go on with your life.

Couln't agree more. Haven't played with it but personally love the concept/spotlight of those types of spells I saw.

???

when you crouch you always deal double damage.

no detection check. nothing.

it just makes ctrl a cheat-button.

the spells are fine.

I should just ignore you on principle, but this topic is something worth discussing for the benefit of everyone else.

Detection checks via conditions are not reliable. They don't reflect the eye that you see on the screen, and sometimes return values that don't make sense, ie you're standing right next to the target but they still aren't "detecting" you.

I will be removing the sneak damage boost to increase compatibility with other mods, but not because you said so.

Also, by the way? The current checks being used for when to apply double sneak damage are the same ones being used in many popular overhaul mods, such as PerMa. Chew on that for a minutes.

To everyone else: Thanks for all the suggestions!

-I've decided to keep the disease and posion spells, because poison spells being part of the restoration school is already cannon. And I like them. :)

-i was thinking about adding a blackened texture for the gate (maybe with carved daedric symbols), but I'm not going to model a brand-new gate. Too much work for not enough payoff.