Lost Grimoire 2.0 - Development thread

steelfeathers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The new spells are looking great and I am looking forward to the 2.0 release for SSE.

• Switcheroo > Switch places with the target. - This would be fun to use. Does it cause any issues with scripted encounters?
  • Wizen > Turns the target old before their time for 30 seconds, reducing speed by 50% and attack strength by 30%. - Seems kinda strong for an apprentice spell but you have a few alteration spells that keep enemies occupied so to speak. Is this limited to living humanoid enemies?
  • Bestow Locomotion > Animates the weapon in your other hand, allowing it to fight independently for 60 seconds. - This spell sounds really interesting. Based on the description, this won't work for 2 handed weapon users. Maybe have the spell give you a power that then allows the weapon in your right hand fight independently. That way it could work on 2 handed weapons.
  • Pocket Dimension > Teleport to a room in a pocket dimension containing all crafting stations, a bed, and safe storage. Cast again to return to your starting position. - These spells are always worth using. Looking forward to see images of the decor of the room. Does this spell have a decent casting time so that you can't teleport away during battle?
  • Nullifying Ring > Creates a null zone at the caster's location for 30 seconds. All temporary magic effects are dispelled on entering the ring, and everyone inside the ring loses access to their magicka, including the caster. - This reminds me of Vow of Silence from Dark Souls. Please also make add this as a scroll you purchase or get randomly.
  • Soul Drain > Latches on the to target's soul. When they die, you regain magicka equal to 25% of their maximum health. - I don't know why no one thought of adding this type of spell before. It is simple and useful and should have been part of the game to begin with.
  • Conjure Spectral Armor > Creates a magical set of armor for 120 sec. - This reminds me of the bound armor mod from old Skyrim that the mod author had removed. Glad to see something like it finally making it to SSE. Does this just add armor rating or does it have the visual effect with a magic effect added?
  • Electroconvulsion > Deals magic damage equal to 20% of the target's remaining magicka. - This looks to be decent destruction spell but sounds like it might be overpowered when fighting high level enemies that have a lot of magicka. Is there a cap to the damage it would do?
  • Black Ice > Creates a patch of slippery ice for y seconds that causes anyone who walks over it to fall down. (Only 1 at a time, 20 second stagger cooldown) - This is a solid and unique spell. Maybe add some stamina loss as well when the enemy falls so that you have a greater reason to use frost spells than other spells when following up on a stagger.
  • Battle Fatigue > The target gains +15% attack damage and +20% movement speed for 15 sec. When the effect fades, the target staggers and their stamina is reduced to 0. - Awesome to see that you created a spell based on my idea. Looking forward to trying it out in game.
  • Mind Parasites > Target is attacked by phantom vermin, one for every 20 points of magicka they have remaining. The parasites deal no damage, but each one killed causes the target to lose 10 points from a random stat for 60 seconds. - This is a fantastic idea for a spell. The 10 points per per random stat seems strong though considering that any enemy that has lets say 100 magicka will have 5 parasites attacking and not only are they distracted but they lose stats for each one killed. Will definitely need to try this one out.
  • Silence > Reduces the target's magicka to 0 and prevents spell casting for 15 sec. - I have been looking for a mod that adds this type of spell for a while now. I do think that it maybe should be an expert spell as it neuters any mage enemies you encounter.
  • Enhance Visage > Grants a buff for 60 sec depending on your current gear. Wearing wealthy clothing and no armor makes enemies hesitant to attack you, dealing 15% less damage. Wearing full armor and concealing your face grants a bonus to intimidation and may cause low-level enemies to flee. - This is a very nice addition. Can I assume that the wealthy clothing effect checks for ClothingRich keyword?
  • Nightmare > Concentrate to inflict a nightmare on the sleeping target, draining 5 health per second. The closer the target is to death, the more likely they are to awaken. Those that awaken have -25% speed and attack damage for 30 sec. *Likely to change* - I think all this spell needs is a bonus added to you if the target dies while the effect is active and the target is sleeping. That way you have a reason to use this over doing a sneak attack with a dagger.
  • Astral Projection > Leave your body for 60 sec, becoming intangible and undetectable. When the effect ends, you return to your body. - This is a decent addition. Good for scouting out an area.
  • Decoy > Creates a phantom doppelganger at the target location for 30 sec. Everyone nearby will react to the decoy as if it were the caster. - Is this like Phantom Decoy from Enai's Thunderchild mod? Or is this a replacement for Trickster and the doppelganger can attack as well?
  • Mark of Doom > The target is marked for death and attacked by everyone nearby for 30 sec. Counts as a hostile attack, and will cause the mob to turn on you if detected. - The hostile attack part is a good addition.
  • Invoke Twilight > Shrouds the area in an eerie darkness for 120, reducing the accuracy of incoming attacks by 30% and increasing the power of illusion spells by 25%. - This looks perfect for a master spell. I am guessing this is a ritual spell? How large is the area that this adds?
  • Pyre > Engulfs the target corpse in flames, turning it to ash and preventing it from being resurrected. The holy flames will linger for 30 seconds, dealing 5 damage per second to undead. - Great addition. Fits a "holy" character well. Do the holy flames count as sun damage?
  • Consecration > Bless the target location, transforming it into holy ground for 60 sec. Vampires, undead, and werebeasts have their maximum health, magicka, and stamina decreased by 30% while touching holy ground. - Another awesome holy spell.
  • Glory of the Sun (Master) > Massive sunlight explosion centered on the caster that does 100 damage to undead within 25 feet. Undead below 25% health turn to ash. - This seems like a sun spell version of fire storm. It is a good addition and will work with well with Path of Sorcery.

Hey everyone, I'm back. I was in a funk for a few weeks after Path of Sorcery and Wildling Fur Armor were basically ignored when I released them for SSE, but I've gotten over myself now.

The new spells are looking great and I am looking forward to the 2.0 release for SSE.

• Switcheroo > Switch places with the target. - This would be fun to use. Does it cause any issues with scripted encounters? Idk. I added conditions to hopefully keep it from working on actors involved in a scene, but we'll have to see.
  • Wizen > Turns the target old before their time for 30 seconds, reducing speed by 50% and attack strength by 30%. - Seems kinda strong for an apprentice spell but you have a few alteration spells that keep enemies occupied so to speak. Is this limited to living humanoid enemies? Yes
  • Bestow Locomotion > Animates the weapon in your other hand, allowing it to fight independently for 60 seconds. - This spell sounds really interesting. Based on the description, this won't work for 2 handed weapon users. Maybe have the spell give you a power that then allows the weapon in your right hand fight independently. That way it could work on 2 handed weapons.
  • Pocket Dimension > Teleport to a room in a pocket dimension containing all crafting stations, a bed, and safe storage. Cast again to return to your starting position. - These spells are always worth using. Looking forward to see images of the decor of the room. Does this spell have a decent casting time so that you can't teleport away during battle? It has the standard 3 second ritual cast time
  • Nullifying Ring > Creates a null zone at the caster's location for 30 seconds. All temporary magic effects are dispelled on entering the ring, and everyone inside the ring loses access to their magicka, including the caster. - This reminds me of Vow of Silence from Dark Souls. Please also make add this as a scroll you purchase or get randomly.
  • Soul Drain > Latches on the to target's soul. When they die, you regain magicka equal to 25% of their maximum health. - I don't know why no one thought of adding this type of spell before. It is simple and useful and should have been part of the game to begin with.
  • Conjure Spectral Armor > Creates a magical set of armor for 120 sec. - This reminds me of the bound armor mod from old Skyrim that the mod author had removed. Glad to see something like it finally making it to SSE. Does this just add armor rating or does it have the visual effect with a magic effect added? It literally gives you glowing magical armor.
  • Electroconvulsion > Deals magic damage equal to 20% of the target's remaining magicka. - This looks to be decent destruction spell but sounds like it might be overpowered when fighting high level enemies that have a lot of magicka. Is there a cap to the damage it would do? High level enemies with lots of magicka are constantly draining their magicka through spells. The resulting damage isn't as much as you're thinking.
  • Black Ice > Creates a patch of slippery ice for y seconds that causes anyone who walks over it to fall down. (Only 1 at a time, 20 second stagger cooldown) - This is a solid and unique spell. Maybe add some stamina loss as well when the enemy falls so that you have a greater reason to use frost spells than other spells when following up on a stagger.
  • Battle Fatigue > The target gains +15% attack damage and +20% movement speed for 15 sec. When the effect fades, the target staggers and their stamina is reduced to 0. - Awesome to see that you created a spell based on my idea. Looking forward to trying it out in game.
  • Mind Parasites > Target is attacked by phantom vermin, one for every 20 points of magicka they have remaining. The parasites deal no damage, but each one killed causes the target to lose 10 points from a random stat for 60 seconds. - This is a fantastic idea for a spell. The 10 points per per random stat seems strong though considering that any enemy that has lets say 100 magicka will have 5 parasites attacking and not only are they distracted but they lose stats for each one killed. Will definitely need to try this one out. If anything, the fact that the stat is random makes it a bit under-powered. The stats reduced are not always ones that will benefit you.
  • Silence > Reduces the target's magicka to 0 and prevents spell casting for 15 sec. - I have been looking for a mod that adds this type of spell for a while now. I do think that it maybe should be an expert spell as it neuters any mage enemies you encounter.
  • Enhance Visage > Grants a buff for 60 sec depending on your current gear. Wearing wealthy clothing and no armor makes enemies hesitant to attack you, dealing 15% less damage. Wearing full armor and concealing your face grants a bonus to intimidation and may cause low-level enemies to flee. - This is a very nice addition. Can I assume that the wealthy clothing effect checks for ClothingRich keyword? It probably will, yes. I haven't made this one yet.
  • Nightmare > Concentrate to inflict a nightmare on the sleeping target, draining 5 health per second. The closer the target is to death, the more likely they are to awaken. Those that awaken have -25% speed and attack damage for 30 sec. *Likely to change* - I think all this spell needs is a bonus added to you if the target dies while the effect is active and the target is sleeping. That way you have a reason to use this over doing a sneak attack with a dagger.
  • Astral Projection > Leave your body for 60 sec, becoming intangible and undetectable. When the effect ends, you return to your body. - This is a decent addition. Good for scouting out an area.
  • Decoy > Creates a phantom doppelganger at the target location for 30 sec. Everyone nearby will react to the decoy as if it were the caster. - Is this like Phantom Decoy from Enai's Thunderchild mod? Or is this a replacement for Trickster and the doppelganger can attack as well? It's a replacement for the Decoy spell in the very first version of Lost Grimoire, waaay back when.
  • Mark of Doom > The target is marked for death and attacked by everyone nearby for 30 sec. Counts as a hostile attack, and will cause the mob to turn on you if detected. - The hostile attack part is a good addition.
  • Invoke Twilight > Shrouds the area in an eerie darkness for 120, reducing the accuracy of incoming attacks by 30% and increasing the power of illusion spells by 25%. - This looks perfect for a master spell. I am guessing this is a ritual spell? How large is the area that this adds? The "area" travels with you. It's a self buff that has the visuals of an AOE. So size is moot.
  • Pyre > Engulfs the target corpse in flames, turning it to ash and preventing it from being resurrected. The holy flames will linger for 30 seconds, dealing 5 damage per second to undead. - Great addition. Fits a "holy" character well. Do the holy flames count as sun damage? Yes
  • Consecration > Bless the target location, transforming it into holy ground for 60 sec. Vampires, undead, and werebeasts have their maximum health, magicka, and stamina decreased by 30% while touching holy ground. - Another awesome holy spell.
  • Glory of the Sun (Master) > Massive sunlight explosion centered on the caster that does 100 damage to undead within 25 feet. Undead below 25% health turn to ash. - This seems like a sun spell version of fire storm. It is a good addition and will work with well with Path of Sorcery.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello steelfeathers,

first off: huge thanks for all your mods... they are just absolutely great! :)

I'm a Xbox Player and I would like to know, if you could port the new Lost Grimoire to the Xbox One as well.

A lot of console players (me included) are damn hyped for this and would really appreciate that mod on Bethesda.net...

We even created a own Xbox community just for ideas, threads and discussions about your mods :D

Best wishes from the"other side" of the Player community ;))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello steelfeathers,

im now playing Necromancer focusing on skeletons. I have installed Path of Sorcery mod and its fantastic, but its still not as much fun as it can be. You know why? Im lacking lots of classic necromancer spells! I cant cripple my enemies and buff my minions. I cant kill with style.

So here are some suggestions for some classic and fun necro spells:

Direct damage, dot:

Poisoned dagger - adds poison dot to attacks with dagger or summons bound dagger with poison dot enchantment

Corpse explosion - corpse explodes, dealing fire dmg and ignites all nearby enemies

Poison explosion - corpse explodes, poisoning all nearby enemies (dot)

Poison nova - emits wave of poison, poisoning all nearby enemies (dot), stronger master spell

Life drain - you healing yourself by sucking hp from target (ingame, but available only for vampires)

Buffs, debuffs:

Minion resist - increases minions fire/shock/cold resistances

Swift bones - increases minions movement/attack speed

Amplify damage - victim receives increased damage from physical attacks

Weaken - decreases physical damage that victim can do

Iron maiden - physical damage is reflected back to attacker

Slow - decreases movement and attack speed of the target

Elemental weakness - decreases fire/shock/cold resistance of the target

And some "healing" spells, to restore minions hp.