Items are invisible in workshop menu +no icons

wolfzity

Hello i have a problem with many items from the homemaker mod (and other mods that adds items to the workshop menu) where some items have no little icon and cant be placed.

Here is a picture of the problem sorry about poor quality:http://i.imgur.com/Fu0MOaA.jpg

Here is a picture of my load order:http://i.imgur.com/6SumcSs.png

Please help if you are able too. Thanks in advance.

Homemaker is not 100% up to date. It does work, but the building's it add's are not navmeshes. I do use it my self.

It does require Settlement Keywords to work correctly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12226/?

This version does work with it. It rearranges many of the categories to clean up the menu.

When installing SKE over wright the exact same Homemaker files, and everything will work.

There are a few mods that still use Settlement Keywords, but its not required any longer, as it was created when there was a very low Keyword cap. You might have to search a bit, but the all should be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Homemaker is not 100% up to date. It does work, but the building's it add's are not navmeshes. I do use it my self.

It does require Settlement Keywords to work correctly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12226/?

This version does work with it. It rearranges many of the categories to clean up the menu.

When installing SKE over wright the exact same Homemaker files, and everything will work.

There are a few mods that still use Settlement Keywords, but its not required any longer, as it was created when there was a very low Keyword cap. You might have to search a bit, but the all should be there.

Sorry about late reply i have been aways on holiday. Anyway i tried innstaling Settlment keywords Expanded but the problem stil ensues. I have SKE first inn my load order after Fallout4 ofc. The SKE menu appears with the homemake items inside but the problem is still there.

This would be recomended for your ESM files.

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*DLCworkshop02.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm

Normally missing textures, items, and icons occurs when Fallout 4 can't find the files. I see you are using NMM and I'm sure it works fine so most likely the files are in the Data folder. So if that's the case then Fallout 4 just can't see them. I have a sticky post that covers this and I'll post it below.

Missing textures and the inability to build settlement items:

While troubleshooting something related to settlement mods I reset my INI files to the Bethesda defaults. Once I loaded a save game none of the items I had built appeared in my settlement nor could I build anything. Mods I have installed that alter vanilla meshes were also preventing me from building certain things.

The change that had made the difference was with sResourceDataDirsFinal in my Fallout4.ini. I know there are a lot of people saying it's not needed but after testing with the current version, it seems like it's needed. I did more testing and it looks like both of these options work. I'm going to say you probably need to do one or the other, not both. I don't know which works better or why and option two seems to be the most preferred method.

Option one:

Edit your Fallout4.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4
[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Option two:

Create a Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\my games\Fallout4
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

Here is a video by Gopher however, he doesn't suggest to add the "STRINGS" part and users say it works fine without it. I add it as a safeguard.

Edited by Sharlikran

I had some issues with meshes being invisible either in the crafting menus or parts of meshes disappearing after the crafted items were placed in game. The meshes themselves had BSMeshLODTriShape blocks in them. I used Nifskope to convert these blocks to BSTriShape and it fixed the problem.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm having the same problem, but with all of my settlement mods, I've tried verifying my game cache and installing settlement keywords expanded. And no matter what settlement mod I have, most to all of them are invisible and don't allow me to place them, I don't know much about anything so if someone could give me a walkthrough or some kind of fix, that would be great.

I'm having the same problem, but with all of my settlement mods, I've tried verifying my game cache and installing settlement keywords expanded. And no matter what settlement mod I have, most to all of them are invisible and don't allow me to place them, I don't know much about anything so if someone could give me a walkthrough or some kind of fix, that would be great.

If you're using NMM it probably didn't install the files correctly. Try manually installing the mod and make sure the ba2 files (hopefully they're in ba2 archives instead of loose files) are in the Fallout 4>Data directory.

If you're using NMM it probably didn't install the files correctly. Try manually installing the mod and make sure the ba2 files (hopefully they're in ba2 archives instead of loose files) are in the Fallout 4>Data directory.

I tried this and it kind of worked, I can build it now but it is still nonexistent. That or I'm doing it wrong which is the most possible, I removed the "data" folder in the Super Mutant Workshop file (The mod I'm trying to make work) and put it in the data folder in the Fallout 4 directory (Program Files>Steam>Steamapps>common>fallout 4). So I still don't know what to do.