MGSV:TPP Plethora of new camos found

Drummer08

@Bob

I already learnt that the hard way lol.

@wum

Yes, i have a grade 11 honey bee, not sure about the fulton missile launcher tho, i think my rnd level is too low lol........

BYE!

lol well I guess it saves you some work having to go through the file yourself to change the values. That fulton launcher is terribad, and the deployment costs are just kinda adding insult to injury though. I guess they're trying to keep it balanced for PvP or something.

lol, i learnt about the damn fulton missile launcher the hard way. It's horri-terri-bad, i was expecting something with more BOOM, but all i got was smoke and stuff. I use your no deploy costs mod ;-p

PVP my arse, mgs has always been primarily Singleplayer PVE stealth action..........

but the grade 6 tornado is baus, i killed 4 skulls with it ;-D

lol, i learnt about the damn fulton missile launcher the hard way. It's horri-terri-bad, i was expecting something with more BOOM, but all i got was smoke and stuff. I use your no deploy costs mod ;-p

PVP my arse, mgs has always been primarily Singleplayer PVE stealth action..........

Well it works on soldiers (most of the time) but they decided not to let it fulton anything else. Pretty disappointing that you can't fulton a tank from 400m but whatever. I feel ya on the PvE thing though. I love the Tornado. It kinda makes me feel like I'm in a Western when playing Backup, Back down. Just hopping on my horse with my double-barrel, revolver and a whole lot of TNT.

Well it works on soldiers (most of the time) but they decided not to let it fulton anything else. Pretty disappointing that you can't fulton a tank from 400m but whatever. I feel ya on the PvE thing though. I love the Tornado. It kinda makes me feel like I'm in a Western when playing Backup, Back down. Just hopping on my horse with my double-barrel, revolver and a whole lot of TNT.

yep, i was expecting to fulton the apcs lol. I killed 10 more skulls with the GRADE 7 tornado ;-)

sadly, I left the horse back at home (stomach problems)......

oh, btw, I'm working on ANOTHER mod, and i could REALLY use your help, can u pls add me on steam, it has to do with the camo indexes, i dont understand the camouf_param file at all, can u pls "enlighten" me with some of that lua knowledge pls, I really wanna make the camos of mgs5 feel like mgs3 not like a costume party simulator......

thanks and bye!

ps- thanks a ton for endorsing my mod(s), and which version is your fave?

yep, i was expecting to fulton the apcs lol. I killed 10 more skulls with the GRADE 7 tornado ;-)

oh, btw, I'm working on ANOTHER mod, and i could REALLY use your help, can u pls add me on steam, it has to do with the camo indexes, i dont understand the camouf_param file at all, can u pls "enlighten" me with some of that lua knowledge pls, I really wanna make the camos of mgs5 feel like mgs3 not like a costume party simulator......

thanks and bye!

I didn't realize you made the weather one. I haven't tried the versions aside from the earlier ones so idk. Anyway yeah I'll add you to Steam. I usually play offline but I check my messages every now and again.

For the camo stuff I can just give you a quick rundown of it, along with my notes. The gist is each string of numbers between curly braces sets what surfaces and objects contribute to your camo index when wearing a uniform. 0 means the obvious and 50 is the bonus amount you get to your camo index. The default values are set in a way that the KJP devs treat bonuses like booleans for some reason. I guess because of the lack of an index display on the HUD. You seem to only get one type of bonus at once, and it seems to be based on what type of surface it is. Decals > surface texture > 3d model as far a priority goes. At least, that seems to be the case for rocks in Africa (soil on top of rocks prevents the rocky surface bonus), rivers with desert fox-type soil, and puddles on roads.

Additionally the bonus appears to only apply when crouched, or at least that's the only time it makes a difference. Daytime crouch visibility: 70m wrong camo and 45m right camo. Nighttime crouch visibility: 35m wrong camo and 15m right camo. You might be able to further reduce guard vision with the bonus by increasing values above 50. But I haven't tried that so I wouldn't know what the limit is, aside from the amount stated within enemyparam or whatever the lua file with guard vision is named.

The parameters in the outfit camouflage file are basically broad categories that certain surfaces fall under. So if a neon green surface falls under parameter Sand A it probably wouldn't be possible to move it under a more appropriate parameter.

Africa surfaces

Afghanistan surfaces

White text indicates a general outfit setting a surface would give a bonus to and black text indicates the name of the parameter it belongs to. Those are still incomplete because I burned out on testing the camo stuff a few months ago.

Notes for what parameters are named and named outfits in the camouflage lua file

thanks and bye!

I didn't realize you made the weather one. I haven't tried the versions aside from the earlier ones so idk. Anyway yeah I'll add you to Steam. I usually play offline but I check my messages every now and again.

For the camo stuff I can just give you a quick rundown of it, along with my notes. The gist is each string of numbers between curly braces sets what surfaces and objects contribute to your camo index when wearing a uniform. 0 means the obvious and 50 is the bonus amount you get to your camo index. The default values are set in a way that the KJP devs treat bonuses like booleans for some reason. I guess because of the lack of an index display on the HUD. You seem to only get one type of bonus at once, and it seems to be based on what type of surface it is. Decals > surface texture > 3d model as far a priority goes. At least, that seems to be the case for rocks in Africa (soil on top of rocks prevents the rocky surface bonus), rivers with desert fox-type soil, and puddles on roads.

Additionally the bonus appears to only apply when crouched, or at least that's the only time it makes a difference. Daytime crouch visibility: 70m wrong camo and 45m right camo. Nighttime crouch visibility: 35m wrong camo and 15m right camo. You might be able to further reduce guard vision with the bonus by increasing values above 50. But I haven't tried that so I wouldn't know what the limit is, aside from the amount stated within enemyparam or whatever the lua file with guard vision is named.

The parameters in the outfit camouflage file are basically broad categories that certain surfaces fall under. So if a neon green surface falls under parameter Sand A it probably wouldn't be possible to move it under a more appropriate parameter.

Africa surfaces

Afghanistan surfaces

White text indicates a general outfit setting a surface would give a bonus to and black text indicates the name of the parameter it belongs to. Those are still incomplete because I burned out on testing the camo stuff a few months ago.

Notes for what parameters are named and named outfits in the camouflage lua file

whoa dayum! thanks for sharing the secrets lol, now i got another damn question lol, I wanna make my weather mods more dynamic and smooth and maybe change the starting weather, but most of the tpweather lua file looks like greek to me, lol, any kind of advice u can offer there and i also wanna change the color correction during fog and w/e, i know its possible thru the weather lua file, but i dont know what im even looking at sometime, maybe u can PLEASE offer ur help there, I really wanna improve my mod and keep it alive....

thanks a lot and goodbye!

Edited by mgs5tppfan

• 2 weeks later...