Heavy Traffic ×

Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

:pirate: copy paste of my thread at beth forums:

so last night i meddled a bit with the usual pre CS madness...

heres what i found out:

porting models without rigging aka statics and weapons, not armor:

requirements:

throttlekitties modified nif.xml, get it here: http://dl.dropbox.co...ifTools/nif.xml

and put it into your nifskope installation directory

you export the mesh as an *.obj or *.3ds

you open a skyrim mesh of similiar properties, aka a sword if you want to port a sword and select the nitrishape node of the sword mesh

click file->import->import *.obj and select your exported *.obj file

this will overwrite the currently selected nitrishapedata and even keep UVs intact!!! (thx ghogiel)

click the nitrishape again and at the very bottom of its block details click on "properties" expanding the fields below, enter the index number of the bsdshaderproperty that emerged below the whole tree of that nif when you imported the *.obj, this will attach the bsdshaderproperty to your mesh and hence allow it to use textures

delete the imported materialproperty from that nitrishape branch

assign textures and copy paste properties etc as you need, save and done, a gameready mesh :)

for weapons its advisable to also copy/paste over the imported nitrishapedata over those shapedatas inside the two branches titled blood somin

this will allow the blood effect to be applied to your mesh, if you dont at least delete the existing one or youll have blood floating around in midair

-------------------------------

getting the item ingame:

open TESSnip, (a tool inside FOMM or fallout mod manager)

open skyrim.esm

delete everything except GRUP (WEAP) (if your item is a weapon that is), GRUP (CONT) (which are chests and so on)

delete every subentry inside GRUP (CONT) except the one you want to modify or clone, delete every subentry inside GRUP (WEAP) except for those you want to modify or duplicate, preferably one with stats close to your new item

duplicate the one entry in GRUP (WEAP) that you kept, double click it, in the upper right change FORMID to something in hex but also something the game probably did not use yet

while still having your new CONT (WEAP) entry selected, double click EDID (lower left field) and give it a new id, thats not the name just an id inside the CS)

double click MODL and change the path to your new model

doubel click DATA and change the numbers on the lower left to set a price

(dint find out whats damage yet or first person model yet)

now click on the GRUP (CONT) item you kept and in the lower left again select one of the CNTO entries, those are the items inside a chest, select one and hit ctrl+c, select the CONT(whatever i chose) again and hit ctrl+v, thast duplicates that CNTO entry and you got it twice inside your chest now

double click the new CNTO and in the lower right change the FORMID to that FORMID you gave your new item in step 5

(click the blank button next to the formID to confirm the change and make the new formid stick)

click on TES4 at the very top of your esp and uncheck every box!! change unknown 2 to 00000000 and unknown 3 to 0000000f

save your esp, youre done and can now find your stuff ingame inside that chest you put it,

if you put it into a CONT entry starting with "merchant" the merchant using it will also sell your item :)

-----------------------------------------------------

@armor

seems the nifexporter for 3dmax is kinda ready to export rigged nifs, i cant confirm that as i didnt test it yet but well... give it a try

@CS

SkyEdit has been released!!!! still alpha but some functionality that makes the process easier has been included yet

Edited by jaysus

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just imported em... never occured to me that you should select a block first so it gets replaced and i dunno why that keep the uvs intact either, doesnt make any sense... guess its magic XD :wub:

thanks a lot!

Edited by jaysus

Yeah it's a bit random. I've not looked at what the difference actually IS between what kind of data is pasted over vs one that is obj imported. Might be a clue as to what ends up fubar if there is a discrepancy. Edited by Ghogiel

Is it me being bad at using NifSkope or can you simply not look at textures in NifSkope currently?

Also, isn't the NiTriShapeData the triangles, and the BSLightingShaderProperty where the textures are? So as long as you only overwrite NiTriShapeData you should be good. Maybe NifSkope does this for you when you paste in a model?

nifskope cant currently display the skyrim textures for some shader reasons, nothing problematic tho

-------------------

having some trouble ingame now, items vanish from your inventory after you reload and they dont have an inventory model :/

nifskope cant currently display the skyrim textures for some shader reasons, nothing problematic tho

-------------------

having some trouble ingame now, items vanish from your inventory after you reload and they dont have an inventory model :/

Ah okay, I posted on their forums.. D'oh well, thanks!

In terms of modding other things within the game, I was wondering if you guys knew what COCT, CNTO, CNAM, BNAM and NAM1 mean. (Used in the iron ingot recipe node - RecipeIngotIron.)

Edit: Worked out CNAM equals the form id of the item you're creating

Edit2: Sorry for spamming a bit guys found a tutorial for what I wanted anyway :)

Edited by rookwood101