Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

Yeah, I too am stuck at the adding nif model path for armor - trying to add a new helmet. There are 4 MODL variables, each with random looking string and hex subrecord data. Is there a way of converting a file path into that type of data? Surely some people can do it, but I can't find the info anywhere. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

requirements:

throttlekitties modified nif.xml, get it here: http://dl.dropbox.co...ifTools/nif.xml

and put it into your nifskope installation directory

I copied all content from site from line

<niftoolsxml version="0.7.0.0">

to line

</niftoolsxml>

and saved it as nif.xml

When i run nifskope:

http://up.oblivionlost.pl/images/96320286404257258269.png

Also, now when im trying to load an .nif in nifskope, i get this:

http://up.oblivionlost.pl/images/48394178868426315963.png

Edited by zdzichorowerzysta

I need help porting an oblivion model to skyrim. Whenever I open a skyrim model in nifskope it gives me a huge string of errors, when i replace the skyrim mesh with the one from oblivion there is no new BSLightingShaderProperty block created at the bottom of the block list, and when I try to use the model in skyrim the model appears as a giant, red exclamation point. Edited by enccarlson

I need help porting an oblivion model to skyrim. Whenever I open a skyrim model in nifskope it gives me a huge string of errors, when i replace the skyrim mesh with the one from oblivion there is no new BSLightingShaderProperty block created at the bottom of the block list, and when I try to use the model in skyrim the model appears as a giant, red exclamation point.

I'm probably the worst person to answer this, but I've been trying similar things, so I can offer some advice, noob to noob. This method will lose the rigging, however, so if you're trying to do armor or similar, you'll have to do a final step in Blender or 3ds. I made a quick attempt at getting Skyrim models into Blender without success (apparently you need an older version, and the required niftools may not be ready yet, anyway). I'm using nifskope-1.1.0-rc5.

2. Unpack the BSAs to get skyrim nifs, or be ready to use a similar type of nif (to the one you're working on) from a mod that you know works in the game.
  3. Export your oblivion nif to an obj file.
  4. Open the skyrim nif.
  5. Select and copy any one BSShaderPPLightingProperty _branch_. Paste it at the end. (Note the number for step 10.)
  6. Select the NiTriStrips/NiTriShapes you want to copy over. ** don't miss this step **
  7. Import the obj file.
  8. The selected NiTriStrips model should now be replaced with the exported obj model.
  9. Delete all of the NiTextureProperty entries, they're junk and you can't use them. (I do this for all NiMaterialProperty elements too, not sure if it's needed.)
  10. Select the NiTriStrips/Shapes node, if it's not still selected. In the "Block Details" tab, find the properties list at the bottom.
  11. Add the number of the BSShaderPPLightingProperty to the first Properties entry. (The 2nd entry is for alpha channels.)
  12. Go back to the Block List tab, the BSShaderPPLightingProperty should now be under the NiTriStrips node.
  13. Click on the BSShaderPPLightingProperty, and you'll see it has a child, BSShaderTextureSet. Click on this, and go back to the Block Details tab.
  14. Expand the textures list, and add your texture first, your normal second, then speculars or whatever if desired.
  15. If necessary, redo the rigging in 3ds or Blender.

EDIT: I forgot 2 things.

Each NiTriShapeData node needs to have "Has Vertex Colors" set to yes. You can check in Block Details.

Not positive, but I think that every NiTriStrips/Shape has to have an attached child BSDismemberSkinInstance node. The Partitions->Body Type listed in Block Details needs to match the body part. HOpefully this will be set correctly if you import the obj over the NiTriStrips node.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

this was a MAJOR HELP. I was able to get custom blender weapons into skyrim thanks to you :D

the problem I'm having is the blood and the scabbard.

on my two handed sword that has no scabbard, it's ALWAYS covered in blood... did I do something wrong?

when I made it in blender I created a duplicate of the blade as a "blood sock" I created two one for each blood effect...

also for my one handed sword when I did the scabbard the scabbard moves with the sword :( it doesn't stay on my hip, so when I draw the scabbard comes with it...

help please :(

I have a strange bug with esp. I tested the armor which I made with replacing existing one and it worked perfectly. But when I make esp and worn it, the armor is invisible. But I can see the armor preview in my inventory and it's correct.

I am currently working on a mod which adds a new worldspace including a new city and a player owned castle.

I wanted to import the city houses, city wall and the castle stuff from Oblivion to Skyrim.

Sadly, after reading this thread, I realized that this wont be as easy as I thought.

There are tons of meshes to import. Doing it like the tutorial that would be years of work.

Does anybody know if there's another solution which is quicker to handle or does anybody work on a kind of porting tool or anything else?

If there wont be anymore quicker and more user-friendly ways to do the porting job in the future, my mod sadly has to be canceled.

Edited by ToyBoy