Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

You can have both by making the new item non-replacing, the first post of this thread explains how to do that.

I started over using the first post of thread.

Instead of GRUP CONT i used GRUP COBJ (so i can make the item)

Used GRUP ARMO

-- ArmorIronShield formID: original

-- ArmorIronShield2 formID: 01444446

Used GRUP ARMA

-- IronShield2AA formID: 01444448

-MOD2 = Armor\Iron\Shield03.nif

Load Game

See both items on Forge list

Both look different in Inventory

While in 3rd or 1st person view when switching between the 2 items...

They look like the original texture

If I can bribe anybody some money... 10-20$ sent via paypal.. ...

Edited by reptoon

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody knows if there is any way to make your custom made npcs like you on default? (like if you used setrelationshiprank <refid> 4 on them from the console). Also any fix on the head/body color mismatch issue? I tried to search for something but most results come for fo3 or tes4, not skyrim. :unsure:

I uploaded this eyepatch http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1788&tab=4&navtag=/downloads/file/discussions.php?id=1788, it's based on a circlet so it does have the same weight of 2, which realistically makes no sense of course.

Does anyone know which variable defines the weight in TESsnip?

Look at the float values of every group of 4 bytes ('word' I think?) in the Hex editor for the item DATA subrecord. That's where I found weights for some armor I was examining a couple of days ago.

So a random example of the DATA subrecord might be like:

1A 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00

Where the green part is the hex value for 2.0 weight as a float.

Edited by Lucubration

I was having the same problem with a sword I converted from an Oblivion mod. To test it, I simply overwrote the SteelGreatsword.nif to see if it worked in game. When the game loaded, my companion was carrying my Skyforge Steel Greatsword, which was replaced by the new model. When I took it from her inventory, it appeared as the regular sword in both my hand and my inventory.

Then it occurred to me that Bethesda used 1stPerson nifs for weapons and items that appear close up in 1st person view in Fallout 3. That way, they can have a lower quality texture on the 3rd person version and no one really notices. So, I found the 1stPersonSteelGreatsword.nif in the BSA and using the Nifskope method mentioned at the beginning of this post, I overwrote that one with my new nif and the weapon appeared correctly in menu and hands.

Hope that helps.

Edited by DOUBLEBREWSKI

I was having the same problem with a sword I converted from an Oblivion mod. To test it, I simply overwrote the SteelGreatsword.nif to see if it worked in game. When the game loaded, my companion was carrying my Skyforge Steel Greatsword, which was replaced by the new model. When I took it from her inventory, it appeared as the regular sword in both my hand and my inventory.

Then it occurred to me that Bethesda used 1stPerson nifs for weapons and items that appear close up in 1st person view in Fallout 3. That way, they can have a lower quality texture on the 3rd person version and no one really notices. So, I found the 1stPersonSteelGreatsword.nif in the BSA and using the Nifskope method mentioned at the beginning of this post, I overwrote that one with my new nif and the weapon appeared correctly in menu and hands.

Hope that helps.

I can get it to work by over-writing other items

But I was looking for ways to duplicate an item and apply the texture there. Done all the MOD2 pathing in bothh ARMA/ARMO grups

Also Shields don't got 1st/3rd person copies :(