Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

lol at that guide. what happened with the UVs getting wiped is normal behaviour with that way at this point.

the obj import method works. you're just doing something wrong. since you have not described exactly what you did, all I can suggest is to try again.

Yeah, i realized the UVs were getting wiped. What i do is this:

1 - export the model i want in .obj

2 - I open the 1stpersondaedricgreatsword.nif

3 - i select the NiTriShape (the correct one)

4 - import the .obj

5 - change the path to the textures to the ones i want

6 - save the 1stpersondaedricgreatsword.nif in the correct directory

in NifSkope everything looks perfect, then when i load the game i have the exclamation mark.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you are selecting a NiTriSHAPE... try converting the Strip to a shape before import.

Then make sure all data is correctly set up in the new NiTriShapeData block.

Spells>batch>update tangent space.

Yes i'm sure, it clearly states NiTriShape, not NiTriStrips. I also tried the update tangent space, nothing changes :(.

New nifskope has different behaviour when importing objs now... The mtl is imported. So the shader gets unhooked, try hooking it back up and deleting the crap the comes in with the obj.

i cant edit the uv . i import the obj and repalce the shapedata . and in the game the texture isnt show

repalce the shapedata . and in the game the texture isnt show

Explain? did you ever rclick>copy on a nitrishapedat block... if you did you are doing it wrong.

Currently UVs will get wiped when doing anything like that. Just import objs(that have been UVed) and it works.

New nifskope has different behaviour when importing objs now... The mtl is imported. So the shader gets unhooked, try hooking it back up and deleting the crap the comes in with the obj.

How do i hook it back up? Sorry for the newbie questions, i'm starting just now :)

repalce the shapedata . and in the game the texture isnt show

Explain? did you ever rclick>copy on a nitrishapedat block... if you did you are doing it wrong.

Currently UVs will get wiped when doing anything like that. Just import objs(that have been UVed) and it works.

it isnt work bro. import .obj and replace the texture directory ;)), right