Hey, so, this is the first time I've made a mod request, and I'm not sure if this is overly simple to do or overly complicated, or I'd do it myself, but here goes;

In reality, if you are exposed to massive amounts of radiation and are given appropriate care and medication, you can survive, but the cell degradation will stay permanently - You can never entirely heal yourself of radiation. Now, I know the Mr Handy's and Ghoul's out there would say "RadAway is magic and Fallout science shits all over real science" But that's weak as, bro. I have a proposal that makes radiation more punishing, but still curable and playable.

Let's say, you suffer from Minor Rad Poisoning. What is that, like, 2 SPECIAL stats reduced until you remove the rads? Well why don't we make RadAway take twice the time to heal your rads, there's a dizzying side effect from the RadAway (Similar to the crippled head effect) an increased need to drink and sleep, and you get a permanent debuff of, let's say 5 Action Points and 5 Health Points. The debuffs stack, and are of greater levels the higher your rad meter climbs. For Critical and Deadly Rad Poisoning, you'd get a slight permanent speed reduction, an endurance and agility reduction, that kind of thing.

I just think it would be a cool feature. Even just the permanent debuffs, as the other things I've mentioned can be filled in by things like 'Hardcore Drugs' and 'Drugs Are Bad M'Kay'. The idea of that time 25 levels ago that you consumed a little too much radiation is still punishing you now, is just awesome.