Is premium membership really worth it?

GreekIrish

I was thinking about buying the 1-year membership for the nexus sites, but I wasn't sure if it was really worth the money, or if it was just some little extra features that didn't matter. I come to the Skyrim and New Vegas nexus sites a lot, so would it be worth the 20 bucks?

Buying Premium Membership should be equal parts wanting to help by donating, and wanting to get a few added features (no ads, faster download servers, etc.). You should really see it as a donation first, and a feature purchase second.

If you're not really interested in donating and just want the features you might be better off waiting until NMM has been stabilised and expanded as some features not in NMM yet will be Premium only, which might make your purchase more worth your while.

Premium members are really important to the survival of these sites, but I never want to mislead people in to buying things they might no necessarily want.

• 2 years later...

Everybody that uses Nexus for downloading mods should at least make a donation. Does not

have to be huge, even the price of a night out would help.

It costs to keep the servers running, and doubts are The Dark One is independently wealthy.

The bonus of Premium Membership is you don't have to be bothered with all the adverts,

and that little green Premium banner below your avatar looks a bit impressive, letting

others know you are not a freeloader....

• 11 months later...

I have a life long premium membership for reasons of donation, support, more than for any extras that I gain.

• 1 month later...

It's the best money I spend on games every year since I joined. As gamers and modders, we need to support sites like the Nexus, who give the opportunity to mod our games without censorship. Can you download mods here without a premium membership? Yes. But you're doing yourself and this site a Disservice. Premium membership allows vastly faster download times and no advertising banners. It also allows you to modify your games, like Skyrim and FNV to the point of being completely different experiences. Please support these independent sites.

• 2 years later...